Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

Car Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Window

Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire

See less See more
#4 ·
Looks great!
Living in Florida, I got the windows tinted on mine (not windshield) with the highest heat rejection film. Cost was more than I was going to pay but they convinced me with the newest one that is out now. We opened the door of two cars they have sitting there, one with the highest rejection and one with middle of the road. You could tell the difference of it being cooler with the high rejection one.
28% tint front windows, 15% rear.

If you are getting tinting keep in mind the Tucsons that come with the rear privacy windows like mine has (darker - harder to see in) only do that, they do not reject heat if that is important to you.

#12 ·
Looks great! Living in Florida, I got the windows tinted on mine (not windshield) with the highest heat rejection film. Cost was more than I was going to pay but they convinced me with the newest one that is out now. We opened the door of two cars they have sitting there, one with the highest rejection and one with middle of the road. You could tell the difference of it being cooler with the high rejection one. 28% tint front windows, 15% rear. If you are getting tinting keep in mind the Tucsons that come with the rear privacy windows like mine has (darker - harder to see in) only do that, they do not reject heat if that is important to you.

#14 ·
I'll clarify front windshield. I did have a strip across the top, about 1/2 the size in width as the op did. The installer held up the full width and what he told me was true for me, the line was too low and bothered me. 1/2 looks good and still does the job.

Solar Guard Ceramic is what they use but whatever any reputable installer uses that is ceramic should be good.

#16 ·
Well.... Good question. I don't think the strip on the windshield was ceramic but I can't be certain. That's where I could see it affect the sensor there. Couldn't possibly any others. It could affect the key fobs, I don't know if it does mine, they work fine but does it cut down on distance they work, I do not know.
Ceramic does or can affect cell signals in the car, I have had zero problems in this car or my previous that had ceramic tint.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.