Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I just got a 2022 Tucson and mostly love it. twice now, the check engine light came on, dealer fixed it last time, now I have to wait for an appointment. I have a scanner, but can not find the OBD port to plug into. internet search reveals nothing. Can anyone help me find the port? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi all, I just got a 2022 Tucson and mostly love it. twice now, the check engine light came on, dealer fixed it last time, now I have to wait for an appointment. I have a scanner, but can not find the OBD port to plug into. internet search reveals nothing. Can anyone help me find the port? Thanks in advance!
The OBD2 port is located under the left side of the steering column, the typical location for most cars.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there anything plugged into OBD? or is it just a cap with wires kept out the way?
I have sense learned, It is where the DFence GPS system plugs in. It is an anti theft and tracking system the dealer installed prior to delivery. Sort of like LoJack.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have sense learned, It is where the DFence GPS system plugs in. It is an anti theft and tracking system the dealer installed prior to delivery. Sort of like LoJack.
So does that thing need to be plugged in or unnecessary? Plan on plugging in a OBD connector for dash cam.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So does that thing need to be plugged in or unnecessary? Plan on plugging in a OBD connector for dash cam.
I think it gets its power to operate from the OBD port. Its not required to operate the car, just a nice dealer installed option. lets me know if vehicle is moving and where.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Gotcha. appreciate the insight. Figure i'd ask as i'm slowly in the market for the car, however its on backorder and I want to get parking mode feature on dashcam - however, dont want to mess with the hardwiring electrical work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my quest for the port began with the check eng. lite came on. the code was cooling performance. Now at 2K miles it is on again for the 4th time. I'm in South Dakota waiting on a computer for the car. Got the car new in Scottsdale, AZ. mileage to get here was 38 on the highway and 25 in town, really like the interior design, not cluttered.... The limited edition fit our search well. Hope you enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
8 Posts
my quest for the port began with the check eng. lite came on. the code was cooling performance. Now at 2K miles it is on again for the 4th time. I'm in South Dakota waiting on a computer for the car. Got the car new in Scottsdale, AZ. mileage to get here was 38 on the highway and 25 in town, really like the interior design, not cluttered.... The limited edition fit our search well. Hope you enjoy your new ride.
Thanks Nate,
I hope the issues get resolved on your end. This seems to be a very nice vehicle.
Also curious to know if anyone has any trouble fitting a baby/child seat in as one use said to have issues and required a seatbelt extension.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts