Hyundai Tucson Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone know the Hyundai and/or 3rd party part number for the 1.6 turbo engine? I'm having a hard time finding a part number? I know an oil/filter change is covered as part of the complimentary service but I prefer to go with a more aggressive oil change schedule.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'd rather change the oil myself as well for multiple reasons. So, I'd be interested in this info too. I did notice a compartment door within the splash guard for the oil but didn't have enough clearance to get a good look w/o jacking it up. Feeling up in there gave me the impression that it could be a cartridge type filter. But it needs a better look.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd rather change the oil myself as well for multiple reasons. So, I'd be interested in this info too. I did notice a compartment door within the splash guard for the oil but didn't have enough clearance to get a good look w/o jacking it up. Feeling up in there gave me the impression that it could be a cartridge type filter. But it needs a better look.
The KIA part number is part number 26350-2m000. Stopped by my dealer Parts Department.
KIA Parts has them available for $3.90

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The KIA part number is part number 26350-2m000. Stopped by my dealer Parts Department.
KIA Parts has them available for $3.90
Most of you probably are not into changing your own oil and filter especially since the service is "free", but for the few that may have an interest, Ecogard has the S11830 filter which is a replacement for the Hyundai model number. I've never seen a filter with the extra parts. O ring and crush washer yes, but this filter has two additional components - a plastic cotter pin and a plastic oil filter cap plug. You can visit the Ecogard website for more info.
Note: I am not affiliated with Ecogard in any way possible. I just like to change my own oil.
NEW PRODUCT INTRODUCTION – The Unique New ECOGARD S11830 (Hyundai 26350-2M000) Cartridge Oil Filter - ECOGARD

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most of you probably are not into changing your own oil and filter especially since the service is "free", but for the few that may have an interest, Ecogard has the S11830 filter which is a replacement for the Hyundai model number. I've never seen a filter with the extra parts. O ring and crush washer yes, but this filter has two additional components - a plastic cotter pin and a plastic oil filter cap plug. You can visit the Ecogard website for more info.
Note: I am not affiliated with Ecogard in any way possible. I just like to change my own oil.
NEW PRODUCT INTRODUCTION – The Unique New ECOGARD S11830 (Hyundai 26350-2M000) Cartridge Oil Filter - ECOGARD
View attachment 142

My LAST comment on oil and filter changes - I promise!
There is a YouTube video which shows the oil and filter change for a 2021 Kia 5 which has the 1.6l Turbo engine. I thought the video was very clear and easy to follow.

·
Registered
24 Posts
View attachment 142

Clemson, assuming the Oil Filter Cap Plug (I think also called the "Pindle") is used for draining the oil from the Filter Cap before removal, do you know how the "Pindle" is positioned to allow the oil to drain? After removing the pin, do you just push up on it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Clemson, assuming the Oil Filter Cap Plug (I think also called the "Pindle") is used for draining the oil from the Filter Cap before removal, do you know how the "Pindle" is positioned to allow the oil to drain? After removing the pin, do you just push up on it?
I uploaded a video of an oil change for a 2021 Kia K5 which is awaiting moderator "approval" - not sure what that means! The k5 uses the same filter and it has the same turbo engine as the Tucson. The video shows clearly the positioning of the Cap Plug. It's parallel to the filter housing. Once the cotter pin is removed the cap plug is twisted counter-clockwise and it readily comes out.
Just do a search on YouTube for "K5 oil change" and it should be the first video that appears.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I uploaded a video of an oil change for a 2021 Kia K5 which is awaiting moderator "approval" - not sure what that means! The k5 uses the same filter and it has the same turbo engine as the Tucson. The video shows clearly the positioning of the cap plug. It's parallel to the filter housing. Once the cotter pin is removed the cap plug is twisted counter-clockwise using a pair of pliers and it readily comes out.
Just do a search on YouTube for "K5 oil change" and it should be the first video that appears. There is also a second video that offers additional detail.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Most of you probably are not into changing your own oil and filter especially since the service is "free", but for the few that may have an interest, Ecogard has the S11830 filter which is a replacement for the Hyundai model number.

Degreaser

·
Registered
24 Posts
Most of you probably are not into changing your own oil and filter especially since the service is "free", but for the few that may have an interest, Ecogard has the S11830 filter which is a replacement for the Hyundai model number.

Degreaser
Thanks for the info. Most of the Parts Dept at Kia dealerships in my area sell the OEM version (Part#: 26350-2m000) for around $10. The Ecogard version on Amazon sells for around $16. Have you noticed a quality difference between the two?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the info. Most of the Parts Dept at Kia dealerships in my area sell the OEM version (Part#: 26350-2m000) for around $10. The Ecogard version on Amazon sells for around $16. Have you noticed a quality difference between the two?
I can't make a judgment yet because my Tucson is not expected to arrive at the dealership until July 2nd. I just purchased 4 OEM filters on eBay for $30.00 and free shipping. I plan on sticking with OEM at least during the warranty period. The risk of there being a problem is very low but why take the chance?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts