Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Tucson SEL ICE with Premium package
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

I put the deposit at dealer for SEL Premium package but now he is telling don’t have premium only Connivence is available. So just to have more from experienced people who are using Premium. How worth to have the premium? I could see Bose sound, leather seats and ventilated seats are only adding in premium.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
643 Posts
I don't believe you could ever get just the premium package, it had to be Convenience added, then premium. It's all personal choice not sure that mine would be what you need. FWIW I would not have bought the SEL without the convenience/premium package.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL w/Convenience
110 Posts
Sounds like he's trying to get you into a more expensive model. I have the Convenience package, and quite happy with it's options. As Tampa8 mentioned, you can't the Premium is the next level up from Convenience, so it brings all the Convenience options over with an upgrade

·
Registered
227 Posts
The leather seating and ventilated fronts were the only 2 of the 5+/- items included in the Prem. over the Conv. Pkg. that prompted me to bolt for it. A 'cloth' interior initially struck me as a dirt magnet, as experienced from shampooing numerous cloth interiors in past cars. I chuckled over the 'new soil repelling technology' or similar the first time I caught in the sales literature like they saw me coming. But dividing the $1,700 extra for Prem. over the projected many years of driving made that cost less painful.

It's funny though that those million tiny holes for the 'ventilation' feature strike me as perhaps not so preferred for an active young family with a bunch of little kids. But while the wife hasn't driven enough yet to test the ventilation feature yet, she did mention she liked the idea of it so it could turn out a plus after all.

As far as the remaining Prem. options; Dark chrome grille, 5-LED DRLs and Bose audio? No not need. Did not want.

Cliffs: The business case is strained considering the utility and value of the cost for just the few extra features, sure. But, it's all about presonal preference. And I always try to see the bright side. The added hit for the up-sell is at least some returned value in comfort & pleasure (and maybe resale) as opposed to having to expend life energy contending with a rockhead dealer demanding a CMA over MSRP.

·
Registered
'22 SEL +Convenience +Premium in Intense Blue
136 Posts
I just read that for 2023 models they're killing one of the options, can't remember if it was premium or convenience.

I got the SEL Premium Convenience and think it was the best package offered on the 2022. My wife has never liked heated seats or leather, but actually uses the heater and ventilation in my Tucson. The Bose system is nothing to write home about, but it sounds fine. The rear passenger speakers are barely audible and the bass is somewhat lacking but it's a very clean sounding system even at high volume.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
643 Posts
I just read that for 2023 models they're killing one of the options, can't remember if it was premium or convenience.
That alone is not the real story. Premium package will become mostly standard equipment, some even in the SE, some in the SEL, and some in the SEL Convenience. In addition some safety features only on the Limited will now be on lower models.
N line will get the panoramic roof.

Wired only will continue for the Navigation models.

I posted before as I saw a couple others say, The Bose system at higher volumes sounds pretty good overall. Not as good as some other premiums systems hard to argue that but going down the highway with the volume up a little the bass is acceptable if you are not looking for eardrum banging bass and music and voices do come alive better.
I set the speakers back a click or two and it surrounds you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts