Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2022 Tucson with the Deep Sea Blue paint. I noticed after we purchased the car there are defects in the base coat on the hood. The clearcoat is smooth were these "blotches" in base coat are. Must have got contaminants in the spray job. Should I just live with this or complain to the dealer. If they repaint the hood it may look worse then the defects I now have which are barely noticeable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
We have a 2022 Tucson with the Deep Sea Blue paint. I noticed after we purchased the car there are defects in the base coat on the hood. The clearcoat is smooth were these "blotches" in base coat are. Must have got contaminants in the spray job. Should I just live with this or complain to the dealer. If they repaint the hood it may look worse then the defects I now have which are barely noticeable.
Hi,
Just picked up my Deep Sea Tucson Hybrid 10/2. Had the whole car Simonized to protect paint due to Northeast winters. While I was checking out the shine in the sun, (still on dealer lot) I noticed a large imperfection in the paint on the hood. I was extremely angry about this. Where is the factory quality control? If I hadn't noticed, the dealer was going to let it leave the lot this way, as I found out later, the salesman knew about this flaw. I had two choices, live with it or have it repainted. Repainting is never the same, but that's what I chose, with a warning that the job needed to be perfect or else!! If there was no shortage of cars, I'm sure they would have just swapped the hood out. This issue sickened me. So, in two weeks, I drive 2hrs back to the dealer to drop off for repair. Fortunately, I get a loaner until issue is resolved.They assured me that the body shop that they use does high end cars and they know what they're doing. I'm pretty particular, so we'll see.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Borderline shady as sales guy should've brought it up and offered a solution prior to any paperwork. I put a deposit down on a 22 limited hybrid in phantom black and noticed an imperfection on the liftgate on a test drive and mentioned it to the sales guy and they'll fix it before the car leaves the lot upon completion of paperwork. Keep us posted!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts