Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Update Logs

2021-11-26:
  • No response for disqualification from Hyundai Corporate.
  • No settlement or calls during the 9-day period from Hyundai Corporate since 11-17.
  • CAMVAP assigned me an Arbitrator and decided to proceed with next steps: complete the claim form online with supporting documents.

2021-11-17:
  • CAMVAP accepted my claim and decided to move forward on my case.
  • Qualification Worksheet was sent to Hyundai Corporate.
  • Hyundai Corporate has 7 days to respond to the QW and provide reasons to disqualify my claim.

Context
Model: 2022 Tucson Luxury Hybrid
Got car in August 2021
Experienced stumbling/jerking and warning lights turning on many times.

I've seen many other posts with similar issues. I've decided to create this main thread for people to share their experiences or tips on how to handle this issue. I've created an incident log/summary: Vehicle Complaint Summary

I've filed an official claim to the Canada Transportation department and the Canadian Motor Vehicle Arbitration Plan. I will post any updates on this thread and also in the Google doc.

Summary
I believe there's some serious quality/reliability concern with my new 2022 Hyundai Tucson Luxury Hybrid. The service department has been proactively trying to help diagnose the issue but Hyundai Canada corporate seems to be very irresponsible and unresponsive regarding this customer issue. I've sent the brand new car in 4-5 times already and that's a reasonable amount of time for Hyundai Canada to fix the issue. Now I've lost all hopes and hope Canada Transportation or CAMVAP could help me sort this out and hopefully get a refund from Hyundai Canada. For others safety, Hyundai Canada should do an extensive testing of this car to ensure its reliability. For detailed logs of my incidents, see above Google doc.

Your Next Steps:
Contact Hyundai Canada or Hyundai USA to make an official case tracking your issue. Give them a reasonable amount of time to resolve your issue.

If issue persists, file claims to Transport Canada, CAMVAP, or in the US, NHTSA, and potentially your lawyer (Lemon Law exists in many states south of the border).

Other Customer Reports

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Updated the original posts with some recent events. Moving forward with CAMVAP.

I hope every car owner doesn't have to go through CAMVAP but when the time comes, be ready!!

I'm looking forward to seeing if CAMVAP works effectively or not.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm not sure how to link threads, but I wonder if yhe thread below is similar to what you are experiencing. Here is the name of yhe thread:

2022 Tucson Warnings concerning Blind Spot Safety System, Forward Safety System and Rear Cross Traffic Safety System

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not sure how to link threads, but I wonder if yhe thread below is similar to what you are experiencing. Here is the name of yhe thread:

2022 Tucson Warnings concerning Blind Spot Safety System, Forward Safety System and Rear Cross Traffic Safety System
Thanks! Actually, that post has been included in the Other Customer Reports section above.

Yes, I did go through a good number of other posts in this group and I share the sympathy with all owners who got a lemon car.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks! Actually, that post has been included in the Other Customer Reports section above.

Yes, I did go through a good number of other posts in this group and I share the sympathy with all owners who got a lemon car.
I think there was a relative easy fix once they figured out the problem.

Hoping things work out for you 🤞

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think there was a relative easy fix once they figured out the problem.

Hoping things work out for you 🤞
LOL I think if it’s a connection issue, it’d be impossible to troubleshoot because there’s thousands of connectors inside a car across different boards and components. And yea, there are many lemon cars that just can’t be fixed…

you’ll know what I’ve already gone through if you see my incident log posted above.
I’ve sent the car to service for 6+ times. And it’s been 3 months since the problem started.

With all above said, I hope other car owners don’t happen to receive a lemon car…

1 - 8 of 8 Posts