Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just purchased a Phantom Black Tucson. What items are you using to wash and care for your vehicle. I swore I would never get a black car because of swirl marks and light scratching but I love the look.

Also, what ways are you avoiding having the shiny interior plastic from scratching?

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL w/Convenience
53 Posts
I have a PTB and wash it once per week with products from Chemical Guys. I washed, clayed and polished, waxed and sealed with ceramic coating. I quick detail weekly to keep the dust off. No swirls thus far. We've had a rash of bugs recently, so I use Simple Green to dissolve them, then wash normally

I have not had any issues with the plastic trim, just wipe with a damp microfiber cloth.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a PTB and wash it once per week with products from Chemical Guys. I washed, clayed and polished, waxed and sealed with ceramic coating. I quick detail weekly to keep the dust off. No swirls thus far. We've had a rash of bugs recently, so I use Simple Green to dissolve them, then wash normally

I have not had any issues with the plastic trim, just wipe with a damp microfiber cloth.
what wash mitt do you use to wash the car?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts