Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
2023 Tucson Ultimate PHEV Blue/Grey 馃
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Like a lot of you folks I'm on the pre-order waiting list for a 2023 Tucson PHEV. I can wait quite a long time but I can not wait until 2024, which is what I'm hearing might be the case.

I've been looking into options for a PHEV from another company. I haven't been able to find much information about new vehicles that will be coming in a PHEV option. I've heard rumors of a Sportage PHEV and a Mazda PHEV (looks like this might not be available in Canada) but I can't seem to find any reliable information online. So I'm wondering if anyone here has any knowledge about other PHEV options or possibly suggestions on where I can look?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanks! we have some similar lists in Canada.

I was wondering more so about 2023 models, I think the Mazda CX60 PHEV has been confirmed for the USA, I've also heard of a Sportage PHEV but wondering if anyone knows if any other manufacturers or lines will be coming with a PHEV option.

Registered
Unfortunately all car manufacturers seem to be in the same situation right now when it comes to electrified options.
Either sold out for 2022 and/or uncertain when 2023 orders will open up, and also when delivery will be...

2023 Sportage PHEV should be coming to Canada based on what I've heard on the Kia Hyundai Youtube Channel, and the new 2023 Kia Niro PHEV as well. I think those are the closest cousins to the Tucson PHEV. But you'll need to wait for orders to open up.
Mitsubishi will have the 2023 Outlander PHEV coming this year too, which is rumored to have up to 60+ km of EV range.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ford, Mitsubishi and the luxury brands are still able to provide a 2022 option (from what I've been told last month) unfortunately I don't like the look of the Escape PHEV and it lacks awd. Lincoln, Volvo and BMW told me that they could also get a PHEV within 3-4 months but those are out of my price range.

I'll have to look into the Sportage more, my Kia dealership told me that they weren't expecting any to come in 2023 but that maybe because they were trying to push me on a Niro phev that they had on the lot.

That's promising news about the Outlander, I wasn't a fan of the 2022 phev body style but I was told that the 2023 should be using the new ICE body style, so that coupled with the huge range increase might be enough to get me to sign up with them.

Thanks for the input!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just spoke to a different Kia dealer in Edmonton and it looks like to sportage is expecting similar delays to the Tucson. They're thinking that it would be available mid-late 2023, which is pretty similar to what I'm hearing from Hyundai.

Registered
Just spoke to a different Kia dealer in Edmonton and it looks like to sportage is expecting similar delays to the Tucson. They're thinking that it would be available mid-late 2023, which is pretty similar to what I'm hearing from Hyundai.
There is a used one (5000kms) in southern Alberta (2022 luxury phev) for $54,000.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is a used one (5000kms) in southern Alberta (2022 luxury phev) for $54,000.
Unfortunately I need it to be brand new for a tax incentive that I'm taking advantage of, but that is really interesting. I wonder if they really hated the Tucson or if they just sold it back to the dealer for profit. The mark up isn't as bad as I've seen at some places

Registered
Unfortunately I need it to be brand new for a tax incentive that I'm taking advantage of, but that is really interesting. I wonder if they really hated the Tucson or if they just sold it back to the dealer for profit. The mark up isn't as bad as I've seen at some places
I was wondering that as well. I drove it too see what it was like and it was pretty nice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts