Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 20 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Tucson PHEV Ultimate; White/Grey
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

Ordered the 2022 Tucson ultimate phev a week ago. Wondering how long folks here have been waiting for it in Canada for this car and how far along are you with your order.

I was told by the dealer I am likely to get a production date of 2022 Feb-mar and potentially a delivery date of mar-April next year!

hoping to see your experience.

I ordered with a dealer in the GTA.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Hasty,

We ordered a Tucson Ultimate PHEV in the Montreal area a few weeks ago (don't remember exact date but I can find it if needed). We have been told that the car will be in production in January for a delivery towards the end of March.

Chris

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chris for the information. So far this is what i know from PHEV deposit folks in Canada

User IDLocationDate of OrderDate of ProductionDate of DeliveryStatus (Ordered, Production, Delivery, Delivered)Type (PHEV, HEV)
Chris CMontreal~Sept EndJan 2022Mar 2022OrderedPHEV
HastyWriterTorontoOct 15~Feb-Mar~Mar-AprOrderedPHEV
CanukRonHamiltonAugust 31NANAOrderedHEV
epachecoTorontoJuly 30thNANAOrderedHEV
jwslamCalgaryMid AugNANAOrderedHEV
ott_tucOttawaSept 24NANAOrderedHEV

·
Registered
13 Posts
Today I left deposit for ultimate PHEV in GTA
Msrp -500 but they added doc fee 500
I was informed that delivery could be in first months of 2022 but nobody knows so far
Just for disclosure I have deposit towards R4P since mid August with minimal chances to get it in 2022

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Latest Update
User IDLocationDate of OrderDate of ProductionDate of DeliveryStatus (Ordered, Production, Delivery, Delivered)Type (PHEV, HEV)
@Chris CMontreal~Sept EndJan 2022Mar 2022OrderedPHEV
@HastywriterTorontoOct 15~Feb-Mar~Mar-AprOrderedPHEV
@CanukRonHamiltonAugust 31Dec 2021NAOrderedHEV
@epachecoTorontoJuly 30thNANAOrderedHEV
@jwslamCalgaryMid AugNAOct 29DeliveredHEV
@ott_tucOttawaSept 24NANAOrderedHEV
@222csonOttawaMay 26Jun 2021Aug 20DeliveredHEV
@andersonzagaTorontoOct 16~Mar 2022~Apr 2022OrderedHEV
@PbmTorontoOct 26NANAOrderedPHEV

·
Registered
43 Posts
I ordered mine back in March and it will be arriving in Edmonton on November 1st 2021. A Deep Sea Blue PHEV AWD Ultimate. I was told that if I was to not take the vehicle and factory order today that it would be either March or April of 2022 before it would arrive. I drove one about a month ago but the dealer would not budge on price (and wanted alot more than MSRP) nor on the value of my trade and told me that if I did not want to buy it that he had 25 others lined up to buy it. I walked away as I am not going to pay $1000's over MSRP just becuase there is more demand than stock nor the fact that "25 other people" would buy it if I didn't want it. Those kind of pressure tactics don't work on me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’m shocked
At least In Toronto ,
you could negotiate deal below msrp with bos on hand
Although timing of delivery still unclear

Also there is not much difference between luxury and ultimate: only size of display and lights
I ve ordered luxury

·
Registered
40 Posts
I ordered mine back in March and it will be arriving in Edmonton on November 1st 2021. A Deep Sea Blue PHEV AWD Ultimate. I was told that if I was to not take the vehicle and factory order today that it would be either March or April of 2022 before it would arrive. I drove one about a month ago but the dealer would not budge on price (and wanted alot more than MSRP) nor on the value of my trade and told me that if I did not want to buy it that he had 25 others lined up to buy it. I walked away as I am not going to pay $1000's over MSRP just becuase there is more demand than stock nor the fact that "25 other people" would buy it if I didn't want it. Those kind of pressure tactics don't work on me.
Hi folks,

Ordered the 2022 Tucson ultimate phev a week ago. Wondering how long folks here have been waiting for it in Canada for this car and how far along are you with your order.

I was told by the dealer I am likely to get a production date of 2022 Feb-mar and potentially a delivery date of mar-April next year!

hoping to see your experience.

I ordered with a dealer in the GTA.
Correction from Canuk Ron: mine is standard hybrid, not plug in.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson HEV Ultimate; White/Grey
122 Posts
Also there is not much difference between luxury and ultimate: only size of display and lights
I ve ordered luxury
Sorry to disagree and don’t know about trim/options for the PHEV, but for the HEV (noting that we’re both Canadian), there’s a CHASM of difference between the Luxury and Ultimate trims!

The ones I appreciate most are:
  • #1 for me ... Surround View Monitor - so useful when parking (especially parallel parking) and slow speed maneuvers in tight spots (& so helpful when towing my trailer)
  • Parking Collision-Avoidance Assist ... actively brakes to avoid a collision at low speed (the Luxury only gets Parking Distance Warning and only in Reverse)
  • Memory for Driver's Power Seat - essential if like me, you and others regularly drive the vehicle
Other upgrades, less important but still useful, include:
  • Blind View Monitor (super wide-angle camera view of the side for which turn signal is activated) - catches vehicles 2 lanes over, trying to switch into the same lane as you're intending, while going 120 kph on the 401 (yep, I grew up in Toronto!)
  • Cargo net - minor but I've come to appreciate having one in all my vehicles
  • Power Front Passenger Seat - adds to the convenience and luxury experience
Upgrades that are more of a "toy" in my opinion:
  • Remote Parking Assist - moves your car while you stand outside it, nearby (pull your car straight into/out-of a parking spot using the key fob - potentially very useful, especially in Toronto parking lots which are getting smaller all the time!)
  • Highway Driving Assist & Highway Curve Slowdown - it works, though I prefer to steer myself
There may be other features I've omitted, but IMHO, these (plus larger Infotainment with Navigation and LED lighting upgrades) are well worth the $2600 CAD (plus tax) price premium. Though, I understand the price difference has gone up $100 since I bought, so now $2700 + HST.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So you wont be taking delivery of the vehicle right? i would agree with you, no point spending extra due to hustling tactics of a dealer!

Also agree with @Pbm about the comment on being able to buy below MSRP in Toronto. I put a deposit for a factory order with a total on road price (taxes, deliveries, fees) of 49220 CAD for a Ultimate PHEV. As was mentioned delivery timelines are March-April delivery but that the dealer cant do much if its a factory order for the most part.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry to disagree and don’t know about trim/options for the PHEV, but for the HEV (noting that we’re both Canadian), there’s a CHASM of difference between the Luxury and Ultimate trims!

The ones I appreciate most are:
  • #1 for me ... Surround View Monitor - so useful when parking (especially parallel parking) and slow speed maneuvers in tight spots (& so helpful when towing my trailer)
  • Parking Collision-Avoidance Assist ... actively brakes to avoid a collision at low speed (the Luxury only gets Parking Distance Warning and only in Reverse)
  • Memory for Driver's Power Seat - essential if like me, you and others regularly drive the vehicle
Other upgrades, less important but still useful, include:
  • Blind View Monitor (super wide-angle camera view of the side for which turn signal is activated) - catches vehicles 2 lanes over, trying to switch into the same lane as you're intending, while going 120 kph on the 401 (yep, I grew up in Toronto!)
  • Cargo net - minor but I've come to appreciate having one in all my vehicles
  • Power Front Passenger Seat - adds to the convenience and luxury experience
Upgrades that are more of a "toy" in my opinion:
  • Remote Parking Assist - moves your car while you stand outside it, nearby (pull your car straight into/out-of a parking spot using the key fob - potentially very useful, especially in Toronto parking lots which are getting smaller all the time!)
  • Highway Driving Assist & Highway Curve Slowdown - it works, though I prefer to steer myself
There may be other features I've omitted, but IMHO, these are well worth the $2600 CAD (plus tax) price premium.
100% onside with you @222cson, i come from a sedan which had 360 monitor and memory seats and it was a must for me, hence bought the Ultimate. i also like the ventilated seats and heated steering wheel as well, but not sure if that is available in the Luxury as well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Latest Update
@Chris CMontreal~Sept EndJan 2022Mar 2022OrderedPHEV
@HastywriterTorontoOct 15~Feb-Mar~Mar-AprOrderedPHEV
@CanukRonHamiltonAugust 31Dec 2021NAOrderedHEV
@epachecoTorontoJuly 30thNAOct 18th/Oct 27th Pick upDeliveredHEV
@jwslamCalgaryMid AugNAOct 29DeliveredHEV
@ott_tucOttawaSept 24NANAOrderedHEV
@222csonOttawaMay 26Jun 2021Aug 12th/ Aug 20th Pick upDeliveredHEV
@andersonzagaTorontoOct 16~Mar 2022~Apr 2022OrderedHEV
@PbmTorontoOct 26NANAOrderedPHEV

·
Registered
2022 Tucson HEV Ultimate; White/Grey
122 Posts
@Hastywriter seeing as you seem to be noting when the vehicle arrived at the dealership, FYI mine arrived Aug 12th (we were out-of-town, so couldn't take delivery until Aug 20th).

Thanks for taking the effort to track/publish all this for everyone's benefit! (y)

1 - 20 of 252 Posts