Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
501 - 520 of 617 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
As of today we are #514 for an ultimate PHEV. Moved up 81 spots from the last update.

it says that it’s still going to be produced in May. But hard to believe this if it’s the pace.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It's been a minute since my last post here but I thought I'd mention, just got an email from Hyundai stating my 22 Tucson Luxury PHEV was shipped from factory on the 10th.

Ordered late August in Northern Ontario.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It's been a minute since my last post here but I thought I'd mention, just got an email from Hyundai stating my 22 Tucson Luxury PHEV was shipped from factory on the 10th.

Ordered late August in Northern Ontario.
Great news. BTW, are you getting update emails from Hyundai Canada or from your dealer? How do you get on that list? I've contacted Hyundai Canada to no avail - no response whatsoever.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Great news. BTW, are you getting update emails from Hyundai Canada or from your dealer? How do you get on that list? I've contacted Hyundai Canada to no avail - no response whatsoever.
The emails have come from Hyundai Canada, though this is only the third since we ordered so they don't happen often. I could always reach out to the dealer if I was curious also, they were good about getting back to me with a status same day.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My update:

Luxury HEV Amazon Grey, with black interior

Order date: Oct 4, Hyundai Saint Laurent, Montreal, Quebec

Dec 3: priority sequence #256 (update from salesperson) with production date in February

Dec 17: priority sequence #235 (update from Hyundai) with production date in February

January 10: priority sequence #70 (update from salesperson) with production date in February

In a little over a month, I moved 186 positions up the priority sequence. Not bad I guess, given that production might have been paused throughout the holidays.
Got the official mail from Hyundai today, priority sequence #70 and production date in February, confirming what the salesperson told me a few days ago. I have moved quite fast up the queue, I hope I will get my car ahead of schedule.

Luxury HEV Amazon Grey with dark interior, ordered on Oct 4 in Montreal

·
Registered
2022 Tucson PHEV Ultimate; White/Grey
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #507 ·
Same thing for me. I went from priority number 284 (as of November 2021) to 211 (as of January 10, 2022). I ordered a Tucson Phev ultimate, deep sea blue with Grey (white) interior. Production still planned in February.
When was your order date and province?

·
Registered
2022 Tucson PHEV Ultimate; White/Grey
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #509 ·
Ordered Oct 19, phev ultimate white with grey interior, Ontario order. Based on update email, as of Jan 10, priority number is 430, april production.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Ultimate PHEV (on order)
29 Posts
My turn (January 13 update): ordered an Ultimate PHEV on November 19 in Calgary. Build scheduled for August 2022 (no change); priority sequence number now 745 (was 831 in the December 17 update).

It would seem that they build about 3 per day, at least for the Canadian market.

I would be more sanguine if my current 7 year old Cruze had not just suffered catastrophic engine failure and had to be scrapped because the repair costs exceeded the vehicle's value. Now scrambling to find a half-decent used car to see me through to the delivery of the Tucson (October?).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Got the official mail from Hyundai today, priority sequence #70 and production date in February, confirming what the salesperson told me a few days ago. I have moved quite fast up the queue, I hope I will get my car ahead of schedule.

Luxury HEV Amazon Grey with dark interior, ordered on Oct 4 in Montreal
Looks like the HEV version of the car is definitely picking up some speed. 186 spots in a month vs 80 spots for the PHEV.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ordered my Tucson Ultimate PHEV in Titan Grey November 30, 2021. First update from Hyundai December 17 had a build date of October 2022 with a priority of 925. I just got a second e-mail today that says as of January 10 my Tucson is “Exciting news! The production of your vehicle is on track!”. With a build date still October 2022 and my priority is now 836.

I have to say if they keep me updated every month going forward like this I will be very happy, even with a 10 month + delivery time wait still ahead.

Hopefully they can increase their production or people ahead of me get tired of waiting and cancel.

·
Registered
33 Posts
3 PHEV per day is unacceptable for size of our market
Even Toyota builds 4000 R4P per year for Canada

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got an update as well, went from priority number 66 in December to 18 today for the PHEV.

It seems interesting to note that based on other people's numbers, your progress in the priority queue is not linear. I only went up by 48 while bright11 went up by 68 and HRFE41 went up by 89. I'm guessing they probably shuffle people around in the queues depending on trim/colour.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My update here,

Order October, 18th - Tucson Ultimate HEV Deep Blue, black interior.

First update December 17th - As of November 17, 2021, scheduled to be built in March 2022 and is 324in the priority sequence.

January 13th update - As of January 10, 2022, scheduled to be built in January 2022 and is 157 in the priority sequence.

Seems they are speeding up the HEV production now.

·
Registered
2023 Tucson Ultimate HEV- White
22 Posts
I’m feeling so jealous watching all your dates get closer. I’m still just waiting for the 2023 orders to open after missing the cut off by mere hours for this year.

·
Registered
9 Posts
We ordered an Amazon Grey HEV Ultimate on Oct.26. The November update said a March 2022 build with priority 416. The new update (Jan.13) now says a January 2022 build with priority 244!
Since we are in Florida until April 3, this is great news. The dealer will store in their lot until we come back.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid Luxury ( HEV )
11 Posts
News from Hyundai Canada today. Ordered Nov. 17th( Paper Work went in ) . First email was Dec 17th said 541 as of then. Today Jan 13 we are at 360 with an April production date. HEV Deep Sea Blue, black interior. So I guess 181 cars since November. Hmmm, guess it's okay. When ordering dealer said May give or take a couple of weeks either side, so guess it still in the window. Least numbers are going down.

501 - 520 of 617 Posts