Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
521 - 540 of 617 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Ultimate PHEV (on order)
29 Posts
News from Hyundai Canada today. Ordered Nov. 17th( Paper Work went in ) . First email was Dec 17th said 541 as of then. Today Jan 13 we are at 360 with an April production date. HEV Deep Sea Blue, black interior. So I guess 181 cars since November. Hmmm, guess it's okay. When ordering dealer said May give or take a couple of weeks either side, so guess it still in the window. Least numbers are going down.
This is interesting in that the salesman's prediction seems to have been reasonably accurate. I ordered on November 19 and the saleswoman guessed that it would be a May delivery. But I ordered a PHEV, not a HEV, and it won't even get built until August (which I'm guessing implies an October delivery). Had I known, I might have chosen HEV instead. Oh well.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid Luxury ( HEV )
11 Posts
This is interesting in that the salesman's prediction seems to have been reasonably accurate. I ordered on November 19 and the saleswoman guessed that it would be a May delivery. But I ordered a PHEV, not a HEV, and it won't even get built until August (which I'm guessing implies an October delivery). Had I known, I might have chosen HEV instead. Oh well.
I have tried to figure some rational to how they are being built and can't. Sometimes think its on colour, or style ( HEV PHEV ) or region but can't come up with anything. Read peoples entries and dates and numbers don't make much sense sometimes. Dates roughly a couple of days apart and as much as 100 difference in priority numbers. :rolleyes: Our dealer has been okay to deal with. Our salesman is just a young fellow but always accessible and has been straight forward from the get go. He figured easier to be straight up from the beginning. He did mention to us that the PHEV might be a little longer. Like he mentioned no guarantee's on dates but tried to be as realistic as possible. So if April build depending on when in April might be May beginning of June, fingers crossed.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson PHEV Ultimate; White/Grey
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #524 ·
I have tried to figure some rational to how they are being built and can't. Sometimes think its on colour, or style ( HEV PHEV ) or region but can't come up with anything. Read peoples entries and dates and numbers don't make much sense sometimes. Dates roughly a couple of days apart and as much as 100 difference in priority numbers. :rolleyes: Our dealer has been okay to deal with. Our salesman is just a young fellow but always accessible and has been straight forward from the get go. He figured easier to be straight up from the beginning. He did mention to us that the PHEV might be a little longer. Like he mentioned no guarantee's on dates but tried to be as realistic as possible. So if April build depending on when in April might be May beginning of June, fingers crossed.
You hit the nail there! It seems random but generally BC, Quebec, is faster than Ontario. Hev is faster than PHeV for now

·
Registered
2022 Tucson ultimate PHEV Deep sea blue (on order)
9 Posts
The priority is for the provinces offering incentives for phev or electric vehicules. I understand that certain colors are more in demand and that it goes faster if you choose one of them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
We placed our order for a Luxury PHEV in early August 2021, in Ottawa. Received notice in early Oct it was to be in production, priority 223. On Dec 16th it arrived at the Vancouver Port and it arrived at our dealer on Jan 14th. So that's pretty much 6.5 months to get it. I mean it was good in a way because we could save a bigger down payment and when we got notified that it was in Vancouver we sold our second vehicle privately to get a better price, but it's been a long wait. Going in tomorrow to sign the paperwork and stuff. So we've almost got it. Only catch is that it seems that our dealer screwed up and ordered us an Ultimate when we only asked for a Luxury. We don't really have much choice but to take it considering that we probably can't get a different model for another year at least at this point but I am annoyed. Didn't really care about the extra features of the Ultimate version and I think we'll miss the wireless android auto and physical volume knob.

In any case though, still super excited to have the PHEV and start driving electric 90% of the time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's weird that some HEV folks have build dates in Jan and priority sequence number later than 200, but I have build date in February and priority sequence # 70 !
Yes, I saw you post and make me doubt about Hyundai`s information. How do you have a build date in February and priority sequence # 70 and I have priority 157 and a build date expected to January? Do they have different priority lists between the HEV Luxury and Ultimate? or is there a different priority list for each color type? very confused.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid Luxury ( HEV )
11 Posts
We placed our order for a Luxury PHEV in early August 2021, in Ottawa. Received notice in early Oct it was to be in production, priority 223. On Dec 16th it arrived at the Vancouver Port and it arrived at our dealer on Jan 14th. So that's pretty much 6.5 months to get it. I mean it was good in a way because we could save a bigger down payment and when we got notified that it was in Vancouver we sold our second vehicle privately to get a better price, but it's been a long wait. Going in tomorrow to sign the paperwork and stuff. So we've almost got it. Only catch is that it seems that our dealer screwed up and ordered us an Ultimate when we only asked for a Luxury. We don't really have much choice but to take it considering that we probably can't get a different model for another year at least at this point but I am annoyed. Didn't really care about the extra features of the Ultimate version and I think we'll miss the wireless android auto and physical volume knob.

In any case though, still super excited to have the PHEV and start driving electric 90% of the time.
Sucks, after all that wait and not the one you ordered. I do like the wireless in the Luxury and didn't seem the price difference was worth the extras. Oh well if it doesn't break to bank to badly you've got a great vehicle. Just think of the savings gas wise. Best of luck with your new Tucson and hope it is everything you want it to be. Should post after a couple of weeks how it is. We will not get near the 90% mark being a HEV but am still hoping for a substantial difference. We are mostly in city so will be interesting. Nobody has really posted yet on HEV gas consumption difference. Anyway enjoy and safe driving. 😀

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sucks, after all that wait and not the one you ordered. I do like the wireless in the Luxury and didn't seem the price difference was worth the extras. Oh well if it doesn't break to bank to badly you've got a great vehicle. Just think of the savings gas wise. Best of luck with your new Tucson and hope it is everything you want it to be. Should post after a couple of weeks how it is. We will not get near the 90% mark being a HEV but am still hoping for a substantial difference. We are mostly in city so will be interesting. Nobody has really posted yet on HEV gas consumption difference. Anyway enjoy and safe driving. 😀
I'm hoping that the Ultimate will support wireless AndroidAuto eventually with some sort of software update but it is not the end of the world it it doesn't. As for volume control, as long as the driver can do it from the steering wheel, I am ok with it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The excitement for this car is enthusiast level!! at least from the contributors here! I want to say that the dealers are at a bit of a loss when it comes to being able to provide really tight ETAs - its a moving target on all angles with chip shortages, supply shortages, staffing shortages, lockdowns and even transportation delays. The toll taken by the health situation cannot be overstated when it comes to manufacturing of a retail product that is heavily dependent on multiple supply chains. For some reason or another (may be android at the root of this) but the wireless carplay/aa is only on the non-nav vehicles from Hyundais trends..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks. I'll try and remember to come on here and post some thoughts. I honestly don't expect to drive it a lot over the next few weeks. Working mostly from home again until the end of January. I'm hoping the dealer will give us a break a bit or throw in some compensation for the mixup like winter tires. But we'll see. Anyway, definitely excited. First new, new car in 10 years and first one where we've really gotten the model and colour we wanted instead of just taking what we could afford and what was on the lot. The differences between the Luxury and Ultimate aren't huge so at least it's not a major game changer. I expect I'll like the blind spot monitors and the drivers seat memory functions. Just didn't really want to pay for them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm hoping that the Ultimate will support wireless AndroidAuto eventually with some sort of software update but it is not the end of the world it it doesn't. As for volume control, as long as the driver can do it from the steering wheel, I am ok with it.
The volume control is not a big deal. I wish car reviewers wouldn't put such weight on things like that. They usually go on and on about it. Plus they never mention that on lower trims it's a knob anyway. From my point of view I'd rather have a volume knob, but as you said, if there are controls on the steering wheel, the lack of one isn't a big deal at all.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The excitement for this car is enthusiast level!! at least from the contributors here! I want to say that the dealers are at a bit of a loss when it comes to being able to provide really tight ETAs - its a moving target on all angles with chip shortages, supply shortages, staffing shortages, lockdowns and even transportation delays. The toll taken by the health situation cannot be overstated when it comes to manufacturing of a retail product that is heavily dependent on multiple supply chains. For some reason or another (may be android at the root of this) but the wireless carplay/aa is only on the non-nav vehicles from Hyundais trends..
TBH, I'm mostly excited for the PHEV aspect. I've been wanting something electric for a long time, but we weren't there yet. When the PHEV RAV4 came out and had a pretty good electric range, I knew that it was the kind of vehicle I wanted. I could commute to work easily as an EV, but we could also drive to cottages and other places not yet really serviced by a decent charging network. But the RAV4 was a bit too early for us. The Tucson PHEV happened at just the right time. Now after sitting in both and looking at both, I like the Tucson better anyway. So I'm very happy.

As far as the excitement goes, I hope car manufacturers are taking notice of the sales strength of the PHEVs. I'm really surprised there aren't more and it's taken so long for them to come out. I'm also very surprised that Hyundai didn't put the HEV/PHEV into the Santa Cruz considering it shares a lot from the Tucson. Maybe they just couldn't handle the production levels.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hyundai/Kia have confirmed the 10.25" screens in their cars do not support wireless Carplay or Android Auto, it lacks the hardware.
There are third party USB dongles that add wireless Android Auto for cars that already support wired Android Auto.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Ultimate PHEV (on order)
29 Posts
The volume control is not a big deal. I wish car reviewers wouldn't put such weight on things like that. They usually go on and on about it. Plus they never mention that on lower trims it's a knob anyway. From my point of view I'd rather have a volume knob, but as you said, if there are controls on the steering wheel, the lack of one isn't a big deal at all.
They say that if we lived in a car reviewer’s ideal world, we’d all drive brown diesel rear-wheel-drive station wagons with manual transmissions. And a volume knob, of course. 😀

·
Registered
33 Posts
Agreed. I don't see them complaining about Teslas not having a volume knob.

·
Registered
11 Posts
TBH, I'm mostly excited for the PHEV aspect. I've been wanting something electric for a long time, but we weren't there yet. When the PHEV RAV4 came out and had a pretty good electric range, I knew that it was the kind of vehicle I wanted. I could commute to work easily as an EV, but we could also drive to cottages and other places not yet really serviced by a decent charging network. But the RAV4 was a bit too early for us. The Tucson PHEV happened at just the right time. Now after sitting in both and looking at both, I like the Tucson better anyway. So I'm very happy.

As far as the excitement goes, I hope car manufacturers are taking notice of the sales strength of the PHEVs. I'm really surprised there aren't more and it's taken so long for them to come out. I'm also very surprised that Hyundai didn't put the HEV/PHEV into the Santa Cruz considering it shares a lot from the Tucson. Maybe they just couldn't handle the production levels.
The manufactures are moving towards more full electric. I expect this PHEV market is a very limited time span. I hope the infrastructure comes in so we can move off gas completely but for now PHEV solved the range anxiety.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Agreed. I don't see them complaining about Teslas not having a volume knob.
Same here. Before Tucson Hybrid Limited I had Genesis. It had volume knobs as well as volume can be controlled from the steering wheel. In my own experience, if I used knobs to adjust volume while driving - in a number of cases it resulted in car slightly deviating from its direction ( and it could get really bad if I tried to adjust volume while coming in or out of the ramp curve!). Thus, in Genesis, I very quickly get used to control volume and preset stations/mode from the steering wheel only. Since I had Tucson - I don't think I would use volume knobs even if they were available. I would think and hope that many of those who said they are a little bit upset of not having volume knobs on a higher trim model - they will realize how smart this car is ( thanks to its advanced technology ) and will actually enjoy adjusting volume and control many other car features without even taking hands off the steering wheel.

521 - 540 of 617 Posts