Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
121 - 140 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
One reason for them to lie is so they can concoct some cancellation fee, if you should decide to back out - basically providing a disincentive for you to even consider that path.
But they only have a $500 fully refundable deposit atm. I guess they could try to hold that back, but they aren't going to get more out of us if we don't buy it.

It was a strange call from the dealer though, so I really didn't get the impression that they were lying. They called me to make sure I still wanted it, just make sure it didn't show up on the lot and they'd have to return it. It's just my sense that it did not come across as a made up story. If they were asking for more money on the deposit or something else, it would have smelled fishy, but I just got the impression that they were worried about getting screwed, not the other way around.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I won't speak to the technology... I test drove both and the drive is much nicer in the Tucson, but that can be subjective. The fuel milage is very similar, and really the Escape is the one that has the best consumption.

Toyota is great, I have always liked them. But in this case I pick the Tucson for various reasons including value for money.

I think the Tucson is under rated and hopefully this will change that. Once there are more on the road of course 😉
I should mention my in between car is a Toyota, so I do like them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New to this forum. I put a $500 deposit on a Tucson Luxury PHEV Oct 13th Montreal, Qc. Received a call today from the sales guy that they just got in an Ultimate PHEV which was a cancellation from another customer. We had a few mins conversation about price since it's more $$ than the Lux and said he'll call back. Not even 30 mins later text me to say it was sold. Anyhow, my reservation stands as is I'm apparently 325th in queue he expects it here by Feb / March. Working in an import business (from South Korea in fact) I know it's more likely March due to transit delays.

·
Registered
28 Posts
New to this forum. I put a $500 deposit on a Tucson Luxury PHEV Oct 13th Montreal, Qc. Received a call today from the sales guy that they just got in an Ultimate PHEV which was a cancellation from another customer. We had a few mins conversation about price since it's more $$ than the Lux and said he'll call back. Not even 30 mins later text me to say it was sold. Anyhow, my reservation stands as is I'm apparently 325th in queue he expects it here by Feb / March. Working in an import business (from South Korea in fact) I know it's more likely March due to transit delays.
Welcome!

That gives me a little more hope when it comes to timeframes....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi folks,
Question for you all — when did you get an update from your dealership after placing the order?

I placed an order for the Ultimate PHEV back on November 1st. And I have yet to get an update.
When we spoke with the dealer, he said they normally hear back within a week but now they’re claiming they haven’t heard anything (despite it being almost 3 weeks now).

·
Registered
38 Posts
I ordered my Ultimate HEV on Aug 31 and it was not until mid Oct that I received an error Hyundai Canada (not the dealer) saying it would be built in December. No actual word on delivery but I'm still hoping for February.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson HEV Ultimate; White/Grey
114 Posts
Hi folks,
Question for you all — when did you get an update from your dealership after placing the order?

I placed an order for the Ultimate PHEV back on November 1st. And I have yet to get an update.
When we spoke with the dealer, he said they normally hear back within a week but now they’re claiming they haven’t heard anything (despite it being almost 3 weeks now).
We signed on May 26th, but didn't get an ETA (of Jul 23rd) from the dealer until Jul 7th (over 5 wks later), despite persistent requests for updates (only about every 10 days). This ETA slipped twice, to Aug 7th, then Aug 23rd, though the car ended up at the dealer on Aug 12th.

We didn't obtain a VIN until Jul 14th, so over 6 wks after signing.

Bear in mind, that was then and this is now ... the situation has definitely grown more dire since. Also, this is my one isolated experience with our HEV (not PHEV) and ymmv.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks everyone. Sounds like the dealership just set up the wrong expectation. Which is understandable with the current shortage situation.
I ordered my PHEV mid July. Dealer could not give me any info until I got an email from Hyundai mid October saying I was priority number 221 with a production date of October. Just got a message today from my dealer saying the vehicle was produced and is at Sea with a dealer delivery date of Jan 4th. Unless things start to change, I would expect a delivery date of April/May. I also received my VIN today as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered my PHEV mid July. Dealer could not give me any info until I got an email from Hyundai mid October saying I was priority number 221 with a production date of October. Just got a message today from my dealer saying the vehicle was produced and is at Sea with a dealer delivery date of Jan 4th. Unless things start to change, I would expect a delivery date of April/May. I also received my VIN today as well.
That's good to know. My priority number was 223. So ours should be in the same time frame.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi there! Which Montreal dealer did you place your order with? I too ordered a Luxury PHEV in Montreal on Oct. 20th and was given a priority number 387.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson PHEV Ultimate; White/Grey
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
Hi there! Which Montreal dealer did you place your order with? I too ordered a Luxury PHEV in Montreal on Oct. 20th and was given a priority number 387.
This is so weird! I ordered a phev ultimate in gta on oct 19th and was given a 762 priority number. How is that even possible!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi. I ordered my Phev Luxury in Amazon Grey Sep 24. I haven’t heard a thing from the dealership. Initially they said 2 months but I am going to predict Feb/Mar at the earliest.
Those of you who have received production numbers did they come from your dealership or from Hyundai directly?

·
Registered
2022 Tucson PHEV Ultimate; White/Grey
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
Hi. I ordered my Phev Luxury in Amazon Grey Sep 24. I haven’t heard a thing from the dealership. Initially they said 2 months but I am going to predict Feb/Mar at the earliest.
Those of you who have received production numbers did they come from your dealership or from Hyundai directly?
I got it from the dealership

·
Registered
38 Posts
From Hyundai Canada. #173 I think it was. Hamilton on Aug 31.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Albi Laval and you? I guess the queue priority # seems right from what i'm reading... when it'll get manufactured and delivered is another story.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Albi Laval and you? I guess the queue priority # seems right from what i'm reading... when it'll get manufactured and delivered is another story.
I ordered from Hyundai Coiteux on Papineau and was told production would be in March with delivery late April/May. Our order dates, priority numbers & delivery dates seem to correspond well so hopefully they are accurate! Let me know if you get any updates and I will do the same. (y)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm in Ottawa. Placed a pre-order for the PHEV Limited in August. Received notification in mid-Oct that it was in production and expected to be built in October and was number 223 in the sequence. As of mid-Nov, I do not yet have the VIN and so don't have a delivery date. I'm hoping that delivery will occur before the end of 2021. Maybe we'll get the car in time for Christmas if we are lucky, but certainly, delivery from western to eastern Canada may be significantly affected by the flooding in BC.

One comment I received from the dealer was that if we back out of the sale after it is delivered, the dealer is charged a fee and the vehicle goes back to Hyundai for delivery to the next person in the cue. So dealers have an incentive to make sure you don't back out of the sale. They don't get to keep the car and sell it to someone off the street.
How do you get updates on your order? I was just given an ETA and thats it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
This is so weird! I ordered a phev ultimate in gta on oct 19th and was given a 762 priority number. How is that even possible!
This is COMPLETE SPECULATION ON MY PART, but maybe they are prioritizing the provinces that offer additional government rebates. I think in the US certain EV/PHEV vehicles are only being delivered to states that offer rebates/incentives.

121 - 140 of 165 Posts