Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1521 - 1540 of 1563 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
349 Posts
Some things to consider...(From my perspective in the U.S.)
From what I see the HEV (Not PHEV) is not getting much more mpg than my ICE is. You could get much better of course if you drive mostly around town and can use mostly battery. But anymore than that especially highway driving and the ICE may get even better mpg. It does depend on how you drive, where you drive. And the cost when I went to buy was more for the Hybrid just another factor.

Interest rates. Where I got mine have gone from 1.99 to 2.45. Will they continue to rise?

If trading in, I got an unbelievable amount for my trade in, some $4000 more than had I traded two years ago. That's a car with 18,000 more miles than 2 years ago. How long will that last is another question.

I know it will get sorted out but I do see more problems cropping up with the Hybrids. Somewhat to be expected in a first year, more complex vehicle than the ICE.

Will the 2023 MSRP rise in cost like everything else has?

If this were normal times, well if normal I might not have bought without such a great trade in .... but in normal times I might go for the Hybrid. But given the above and great MPG I am getting I am more than happy I bought the ICE.

·
Registered
2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate PHEV Amazon Grey/Black
29 Posts
I'm curious if anyone signed any paperwork or agreement while giving the $500 deposit for preorder because my dealership is telling me there is no paperwork, only receipt and verbal agreement, I'm bit reluctant to just give the $500 deposit without any paperwork. Please share how you guys did it with your dealership? thank you
Font Material property Paper Parallel Paper product

I actually got this from my sales guy when I put my $500 deposit down. I guess it’s not an official contract per se, but we did negotiate price and term.

·
Registered
18 Posts
View attachment 1305
I actually got this from my sales guy when I put my $500 deposit down. I guess it’s not an official contract per se, but we did negotiate price and term.
I would assume this is similar to the paperwork they have for the preorders. Whether it’s on legit Hyundai paper or whether you just get you deposit receipt.
My Dealer in Ontario asked for $1000 down, not sure why. They say they are the “flagship” Canada dealer and they are confident to get the vehicles in the said time. Again, grain of salt. I guess we will see when the order portal opens. I’m watching like a hawk and it’s only been 3 weeks since I preordered. I can’t imagine how the 6 monthers feel! Lol

·
Registered
349 Posts
I would assume this is similar to the paperwork they have for the preorders. Whether it’s on legit Hyundai paper or whether you just get you deposit receipt.
My Dealer in Ontario asked for $1000 down, not sure why. They say they are the “flagship” Canada dealer and they are confident to get the vehicles in the said time. Again, grain of salt. I guess we will see when the order portal opens. I’m watching like a hawk and it’s only been 3 weeks since I preordered. I can’t imagine how the 6 monthers feel! Lol
Is it this one? They are listed as the Flagship dealer for Canada so maybe they can get cars.
Hyundai Dealership in Mississauga, ON | 401 Dixie Hyundai

The largest U.S. Hyundai dealer (for 9 years) is where I live and they do have cars available all the time including HEV's though in limited numbers. I had a wide choice of ICE when I bought mine while I saw so many other dealers with next to no new ones.

So I do think Hyundai is catering some to the bigger volume dealers.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Is it this one? They are listed as the Flagship dealer for Canada so maybe they can get cars.
Hyundai Dealership in Mississauga, ON | 401 Dixie Hyundai

The largest U.S. Hyundai dealer (for 9 years) is where I live and they do have cars available all the time including HEV's though in limited numbers. I had a wide choice of ICE when I bought mine while I saw so many other dealers with next to no new ones.

So I do think Hyundai is catering some to the bigger volume dealers.
Yes, that’s the one. I couldn’t find anything online where it says they are a flagship dealer. I thought it may have been dealer hype. I went there specifically because they are large. My mom just got an n-line ice tuscon from them. It took 4 months. Doesn’t seem any faster than what anyone else is saying, even the smaller dealers. One can hope I guess.

·
Registered
16 Posts
View attachment 1305
yeah I have that same paper.. it has year 2022, Tucson PHEV price.
but in the base vehicle and options section, "2023 pre order price and delivery to be determined." written

·
Registered
349 Posts
To go along with my post above, the 2023 Tucson is expected to cost around $1000 more between a price increase and increased destination charge.... Base may be slightly less of an increase, higher trims could be a little more....

But Car and Driver mentions Hybrids (all not just Hyundai) may go up more due to limited raw materials for it....

·
Registered
14 Posts

Anyone read this? It doesn't really say much but still scares me... I may have to get an ICE vehicle if this uncertainty persists :(
This is a major factor as well. I had read that the neon production in Ukr was manily in Odesa which is currently under Russian pressure. This ain't going to go away soon and, if it does, who knows what shape the Odesa plants are in after Russian artillery and naval bombardment. Why there's a neon shortage — and why it matters.

·
Registered
27 Posts
This is a major factor as well. I had read that the neon production in Ukr was manily in Odesa which is currently under Russian pressure. This ain't going to go away soon and, if it does, who knows what shape the Odesa plants are in after Russian artillery and naval bombardment. Why there's a neon shortage — and why it matters.
I, for once, will offer a bit of positivity on this subject. The two articles go for the gloomiest headlines possible as news media does. Bad news always attracts eyeballs.

indeed noble gases (neon, argon, etc) are key in the use of lasers etching the chips that are all in short supply.

However,

Ever since Putin stuck his unwelcome opinion into Crimea back in 2014 companies have been preparing. The region was seen as unstable and companies worked towards implementing other sources in order to ensure continued production. The impact will be higher production costs though and we will see that affect vehicle prices across the board. It would not surprise me to see vehicle prices increase from $500 for the sub $30,000 CDN vehicles, $1000 for those up to $50,000 CDN and $1500 to $2500 for those vehicles $50,000 CDN plus. I can see the recent EV rebate increases being eaten up by production cost increases and dealerships increasing PDI because, well ya know it costs more to rip the same plastic off a more expensive vehicle. My preordered vehicle got an increase of $2500 in rebates but I can certainly count on that going to the production price increase and what isn’t will be eaten up by some bogus pdi cost increase from the dealership.

in summary….the sky is not falling. It will just become more expensive to look at and an even longer wait to eventually look at.

I sure will enjoy my new vehicle when it arrives in 2027 that I ordered back in 2022.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Was just at Hyundai today to pick up my moms n-line. Brought up that I had pre-ordered the phev and most of them had a smirk on their face. I would assume they know that although I was given 12 months wait time, it will probably be much more. Poop.

·
Registered
26 Posts
12 months seems to be consistent with what we’re seeing from updates from Hyundai and others here. Ordered Nov, build date pushed out to August date which has been on target for every monthly update since it was first delayed. Plus 2 months for shipping to Toronto. Can’t speak for anyone that ordered past Nov 21

·
Registered
18 Posts
12 months seems to be consistent with what we’re seeing from updates from Hyundai and others here. Ordered Nov, build date pushed out to August date which has been on target for every monthly update since it was first delayed. Plus 2 months for shipping to Toronto. Can’t speak for anyone that ordered past Nov 21
Yeah. I hear ya. I don’t mind the one year wait, well I do but what are you gonna do. It’s just the silly looks they all had the on their faces almost like they knew what was going on and how long it would actually be but don’t want to share the info. The best words I got today was it will be worth the wait, whatever it is.

·
Registered
16 Posts
so price going up and amounts of rebates for us not what it looks like at the end.
I just wonder how all these is going to help average people buy a car?
Shouldn't EVs, PHEVs car price slowing coming down as we make advancements in tech (specially battery tech) and all?

·
Registered
349 Posts
so price going up and amounts of rebates for us not what it looks like at the end.
I just wonder how all these is going to help average people buy a car?
Shouldn't EVs, PHEVs car price slowing coming down as we make advancements in tech (specially battery tech) and all?
Normally after awhile yes. But the raw materials for EV/Hybrid is on short supply. And not just batteries.

The battery shortage could derail the EV industry’s lofty goals (morningbrew.com)

Stellantis CEO warns of EV battery shortage, lack of raw materials (cnbc.com)

EV battery costs set to spike as raw material shortages drags on (cnbc.com)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just curious why the rebate only showing $3000 when federal rebate is $5000 on PHEV?
Also, what is anti theft transfer for $699?
Not 100% sure on the anti-theft thing...will try to find out.

The rebate is lower because the order was put in before the federal rebate was increased this spring! I was reassured that the rebate would change to $5000 to reflect that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not 100% sure on the anti-theft thing...will try to find out.

The rebate is lower because the order was put in before the federal rebate was increased this spring! I was reassured that the rebate would change to $5000 to reflect that.
Southtown Hyundai has $500 referral credit. Any idea how that works?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Southtown Hyundai has $500 referral credit. Any idea how that works?
I didn’t hear anything about that! However I got a $500 credit at Southtown for having another Hyundai vehicle in the household. I’m not sure if that’s what they mean by referral credit or not. Anyone else know anything about this?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I didn’t hear anything about that! However I got a $500 credit at Southtown for having another Hyundai vehicle in the household. I’m not sure if that’s what they mean by referral credit or not. Anyone else know anything about this?
Hyundai has a loyalty credit where you get $500 off your purchase if you are already a current Hyundai or Genesis owner.

1521 - 1540 of 1563 Posts