Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1541 - 1560 of 1563 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Tucson PHEV Ultimate; White/Grey
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,541 ·
Anyone who had their vehicle already manufactured, how were you notified of the VIN number? My production priority # at the start of the month was 16. Wanted to know if I will only get the VIN and confirmation of manufacture in next months update only or if I should be getting a separate email soon? How long should I expect to wait before taking delivery of the vehicle? I am in the GTA.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Ultimate PHEV (on order)
50 Posts
Another status update arrived unexpectedly today, from my saleswoman; my priority number went from 228 on June 7 to 193 on June 21. At that rate, I would reach the head of the queue around August 19th, but my build date is still November.

I placed the order for my Crimson Red Ultimate PHEV on November 19, in Calgary.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Question. Did anybody who are on the 2022 pre order waiting list at a dealer for a Tucson PHEV (I gave my deposit last February) got the call to officialize their order or know when it should or could happen?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Question. Did anybody who are on the 2022 pre order waiting list at a dealer for a Tucson PHEV (I gave my deposit last February) got the call to officialize their order or know when it should or could happen?
The order portal is not open yet for 2023. My dealership is speculating for August or September. I have a feeling a lot of people that have pre-ordered will be cancelled or moved to 2024.

On another note, I put a pre-order in for the 2023 Kia Sportage PHEV in which the dealer said I should have it by the end of this year or early next year. Again, the order portal for the Kia isn't open yet either. I also asked about the Sorrento PHEV and they said 12-18 months.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I received the good news email a couple weeks ago..

I ordered at very end of October, In Guelph, Ontario.

White Ultimate PHEV

Updates were as follows:
Nov 17 - #600
Feb 7 - #438
Mar 7 - #262
Apr 11 - #241
May 13 - #160
June 6 - Shipped from factory.

Thinking should be taking delivery early August hopefully. In the meantime I got pissed off and bought a Tesla and had in 7 days. I love it, its crazy, wifey gets the Tucson now. Hyundai failed me.

·
Registered
93 Posts

White Ultimate PHEV

Updates were as follows:
Nov 17 - #600
Feb 7 - #438
Mar 7 - #262
Apr 11 - #241
May 13 - #160

Thinking should be taking delivery early August hopefully. In the meantime I got pissed off and bought a Tesla and had in 7 days. I love it, its crazy, wifey gets the Tucson now. Hyundai failed me.
When you received email updates from Hyundai, did it state your exterior and interior colour choices?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,552 · (Edited)

White Ultimate PHEV

Updates were as follows:
Nov 17 - #600
Feb 7 - #438
Mar 7 - #262
Apr 11 - #241
May 13 - #160

Interesting. Ordered a white ultimate phev in gta, ON in the third week of Oct. on may 13th my hyundai email said ~100; June 6th was still ~20 on the list. Reached out to my dealer and no update yet. Even the Color seems the same! Have no idea how the manufacturing is happening

·
Registered
93 Posts
Interesting. Ordered a white ultimate phev in Oakville, ON in the third week of Oct. on may 13th my hyundai email said 95; June 6th was still 16 on the list. Reached out to my dealer and no update yet. Even the Color seems the same! Have no idea how the manufacturing is happening
When you received email updates from Hyundai, did it state your exterior and interior colour choices?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,554 ·
This is what it says:
Model Year: 2022
Model: Tucson
Trim: 1.6T Ultimate Plug-In Hybrid AWD
Colour: CRYSTAL WHITE
VIN number:
No interior color on the email. But it is there in the bill of sale from the dealer

·
Registered
93 Posts
This is what it says:
Model Year: 2022
Model: Tucson
Trim: 1.6T Ultimate Plug-In Hybrid AWD
Colour: CRYSTAL WHITE
VIN number:
No interior color on the email. But it is there in the bill of sale from the dealer
Thanks. My dealer updates includes the same info. I'm not getting the emails from Hyundai.

I'm paranoid that they'll incorrectly produce the wrong interior colour 😅

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,556 ·
Thanks. My dealer updates includes the same info. I'm not getting the emails from Hyundai.

I'm paranoid that they'll incorrectly produce the wrong interior colour 😅
Lol, my dealer is nice but is moody on when he decides to provide info and not. It’s very spotty!

hopefully they don’t screw up the interior color. Especially after waiting almost a year!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,557 ·
As mentioned, checked with my dealer and he says my number hasn’t changed since June 1st when he provided an update. I asked if he checked again and it still doesn’t show if the my car was out at sea? He said no, no update since last 25 days! I swear Tesla model is the way to go and not have any of these dealerships! Buy straight from corporate

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
349 Posts
As mentioned, checked with my dealer and he says my number hasn’t changed since June 1st when he provided an update. I asked if he checked again and it still doesn’t show if the my car was out at sea? He said no, no update since last 25 days! I swear Tesla model is the way to go and not have any of these dealerships! Buy straight from corporate
Hmm, lets see.
  • Some Tesla customers are experiencing waits of weeks or months for their cars, and Tesla’s promised delivery dates keep slipping.
  • One salesperson in California said staff is doing its best to answer questions about the delay, but does not have enough information from higher-ups to give precise answers customers are requesting.
  • The continuing delays are a sign that Tesla is still struggling with the “delivery logistics hell”
Tesla buyers confounded by delivery delays stretching for months (cnbc.com)

"The Tesla website makes it easy enough to customize and buy your electric vehicle in a few minutes. But then a delivery estimate is sent out, which constantly changes and fluctuates."

Tesla can't figure out how to reasonably estimate car deliveries | Mashable

"Since the opening of the order books, some customers have reported that their estimated delivery window has changed at least eight times."

Tesla Model X Buyers Are Apparently Waiting Two Years For Delivery (insideevs.com)

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,559 ·
Hmm, lets see.
  • Some Tesla customers are experiencing waits of weeks or months for their cars, and Tesla’s promised delivery dates keep slipping.
  • One salesperson in California said staff is doing its best to answer questions about the delay, but does not have enough information from higher-ups to give precise answers customers are requesting.
  • The continuing delays are a sign that Tesla is still struggling with the “delivery logistics hell”
Tesla buyers confounded by delivery delays stretching for months (cnbc.com)

"The Tesla website makes it easy enough to customize and buy your electric vehicle in a few minutes. But then a delivery estimate is sent out, which constantly changes and fluctuates."

Tesla can't figure out how to reasonably estimate car deliveries | Mashable

"Since the opening of the order books, some customers have reported that their estimated delivery window has changed at least eight times."

Tesla Model X Buyers Are Apparently Waiting Two Years For Delivery (insideevs.com)
Sure, Tesla has had delays too, but so does all the companies. does anyone here believe we need slimy car salesmen and dealerships who exist only because of associations lobbying and coz corp doesn’t want to take the headache. i fundamentally believe car salesmen and real estate agents as a profession if they seize to exist will only make the world a better place

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sure, Tesla has had delays too, but so does all the companies. does anyone here believe we need slimy car salesmen and dealerships who exist only because of associations lobbying and coz corp doesn’t want to take the headache. i fundamentally believe car salesmen and real estate agents as a profession if they seize to exist will only make the world a better place
Okay, (my opinion) there’s no need for personal/occupational attacks here…this isn’t Twitter. I’ve been following this forum for a few months and have appreciated hearing from others on the wait list and the positive tones as more and more members get delivery news on their long awaited vehicles. Yes the wait can be frustrating, but I appreciate the sense of community. Thanks all!

1541 - 1560 of 1563 Posts