Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
141 - 160 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Tucson PHEV Ultimate; White/Grey
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
This is COMPLETE SPECULATION ON MY PART, but maybe they are prioritizing the provinces that offer additional government rebates. I think in the US certain EV/PHEV vehicles are only being delivered to states that offer rebates/incentives.
I called my dealer to check this. And they were saying it depends on the Color, the trim and the options. Thought it was a cop out answer. My order is white exterior ultimate phev with grey interior.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I called my dealer to check this. And they were saying it depends on the Color, the trim and the options. Thought it was a cop out answer. My order is white exterior ultimate phev with grey interior.
I actually think that is how it is working... I agree that usually dealers try to cop out, but this time I agree with their explanation.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Like I said, I am just speculating. Did they advise when production and delivery is expected? I ordered the Luxury PHEV and was asked for a 1st (red exterior with black interior) and 2nd choice (Amazon grey exterior with grey interior) preference.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I can't believe any order would be based on Color and Trim that doesn't sound right. I could see if they are doing a run of vehicles in the factory that where White or a certain trim level they could be doing a batch of them at a time maybe.
I think that is what the dealer was trying to state, that they are doing specific batches at certain times...

·
Registered
2022 Tucson PHEV Ultimate; White/Grey
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 ·
Like I said, I am just speculating. Did they advise when production and delivery is expected? I ordered the Luxury PHEV and was asked for a 1st (red exterior with black interior) and 2nd choice (Amazon grey exterior with grey interior) preference.
Current estimated prod date is April. With delivery in may.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Ultimate PHEV (on order)
6 Posts
I can't believe any order would be based on Color and Trim that doesn't sound right. I could see if they are doing a run of vehicles in the factory that where White or a certain trim level they could be doing a batch of them at a time maybe.
I heard a very similar thing from a Subaru salesman when I was looking at what they had on offer. I forget which colour had the least wait time. There is a wait for Subaru Outbacks, which he said was about two months. (No idea how true that Subaru wait time really is.)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congrats on your order and welcome to the forum - seems like you're quite the Hyundai family! Crazy that the lead time is now 5 months! When we ordered late May and didn't get it until late Aug, 3 months seemed long. As I'm also in Ottawa, I'm curious about which dealer you used ... we dealt with a couple and certainly have impressions to share - DM me if you like.

Our HEV Ultimate came with a retractable (& removable) cargo cover ... pretty sure they all do, so no need for you to purchase one. In fact, the car is designed to accommodate its storage beneath the cargo floor, if it's positioned in its higher setting.

I have the OEM cargo liner as I negotiated to acquire it at cost (quoted $52 +tax), and am quite happy with it. I did buy the TuxMat front/rear set which just arrived yesterday so I have yet to install them. Someone on a competing forum has posted pics of them installed, if you're interested. (I'll stop short of posting a link here since it'd be considered poor form!)

Another worthy upgrade is changing the rear turn signal and reverse lights to LED; purchased online for about $50 CAD all-in, and only a 15 min DIY install.

Our other add-ons include trailer hitch/harness, roof rack, 19" winter tires (with steel wheels & TPMS), a top tray for the centre console and mud flaps; if you have any questions, feel free to ask! Hopefully, we can share info going forward!
Hi - I'm new to the forum, on Vancouver Island, ordered an Ultimate (White) for my wife on Oct 27th, still awaiting any update on production/delivery date.
I see your comment on the trailer hitch/harness - I am interested on adding at least a hitch (for bike rack mainly). Did you order the OEM hitch, or an aftermarket one?
I'd be interested in seeing a photo of possible of the hitch - I was just wondering how well it is integrated or if it has a large visible bar visible below the rear bumper?
Thx - sorry, don't mean to hijack this thread!

·
Registered
2022 Tucson HEV Ultimate; White/Grey
114 Posts
Hi - I'm new to the forum, on Vancouver Island, ordered an Ultimate (White) for my wife on Oct 27th, still awaiting any update on production/delivery date.
I see your comment on the trailer hitch/harness - I am interested on adding at least a hitch (for bike rack mainly). Did you order the OEM hitch, or an aftermarket one?
I'd be interested in seeing a photo of possible of the hitch - I was just wondering how well it is integrated or if it has a large visible bar visible below the rear bumper?
Thx - sorry, don't mean to hijack this thread!
If will start a new thread; have a look and respond on that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone! I am glad I found this forum about the Hyundai Tucson orders placed around Canada where I can share my experience since there is very little information we are getting from the dealerships.

We placed an order for a Luxury PHEV (Red, Black) back in September 28th in Ottawa. The last email from our dealer around November 15th said our production date will be in February 22, 2022 and approximate delivery April 2022. The initial delivery was December 2021. From reading this forum I see we are all getting similar dates for delivery next year.

My hypothesis from what I read is that we are not being given the necessary priority as we should. There is a Tucson PHEV and HEV inventory available in the US with many of them in transit (check Find a Hyundai | Vehicle Selector | Dealer Inventory Search). This means that the cars are being manufactured regardless of the computer chip shortage, true for other manufacturers, this is not affecting Hyundai as much (somewhere else I read that Hyundai stocked themselves with chips forecasting the release of their new electric vehicles).

People on the Palisade and Santa Fe forums that got their cars delivered are recommending to follow-up with the dealers every week or every 2 weeks to push them to get our orders through and not be compliant with whatever date they give us otherwise we’ll get our cars delivered when the 2023 models arrive.

Does anyone know where are the PHEV and HEV being manufactured? Maybe someone that got their car delivered can give us this info?

Best Regards,
George

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello everyone! I am glad I found this forum about the Hyundai Tucson orders placed around Canada where I can share my experience since there is very little information we are getting from the dealerships.

We placed an order for a Luxury PHEV (Red, Black) back in September 28th in Ottawa. The last email from our dealer around November 15th said our production date will be in February 22, 2022 and approximate delivery April 2022. The initial delivery was December 2021. From reading this forum I see we are all getting similar dates for delivery next year.

My hypothesis from what I read is that we are not being given the necessary priority as we should. There is a Tucson PHEV and HEV inventory available in the US with many of them in transit (check Find a Hyundai | Vehicle Selector | Dealer Inventory Search). This means that the cars are being manufactured regardless of the computer chip shortage, true for other manufacturers, this is not affecting Hyundai as much (somewhere else I read that Hyundai stocked themselves with chips forecasting the release of their new electric vehicles).

People on the Palisade and Santa Fe forums that got their cars delivered are recommending to follow-up with the dealers every week or every 2 weeks to push them to get our orders through and not be compliant with whatever date they give us otherwise we’ll get our cars delivered when the 2023 models arrive.

Does anyone know where are the PHEV and HEV being manufactured? Maybe someone that got their car delivered can give us this info?

Best Regards,
George
Everything I have heard is the HEV/PHEV models are manufactured in S. Korea while the gas only options are made in Alabama, USA.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Chris for the information. So far this is what i know from PHEV deposit folks in Canada

User IDLocationDate of OrderDate of ProductionDate of DeliveryStatus (Ordered, Production, Delivery, Delivered)Type (PHEV, HEV)
Chris CMontreal~Sept EndJan 2022Mar 2022OrderedPHEV
HastyWriterTorontoOct 15~Feb-Mar~Mar-AprOrderedPHEV
CanukRonHamiltonAugust 31NANAOrderedHEV
epachecoTorontoJuly 30thNANAOrderedHEV
jwslamCalgaryMid AugNANAOrderedHEV
ott_tucOttawaSept 24NANAOrderedHEV
I ordered mine on August 28th in Sudbury. Initially I was told production date would be September, then they sent an update saying it would be December. Now I just received an email from the dealer saying it will be January. Tucson PHEV Luxury.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you! This confirms that the HEVs and PHEVs are produced in South Korea as also posted on the Hyundai Alabama manufacturing facility.

This also confirms that Canadian customers are not being given the same priority by Hyundai, maybe because we are a smaller market. There are many Tucson PHEVs in the US inventory without owners that came from South Korea, why not send a few to Canada?

I just sent my weekly email to the dealership to push things a bit. Hope it helps.

Best,
G

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all, new member here.

I ordered a Tucson Ultimate hev on September 25th in GTA. Initially they gave me 12 weeks or less. Last week i chased them for an update and they said production February and delivery March. I think they forgot to order my car back in September lol
I just got an update from my dealer. Production date January and delivery Feb/March. The wait continues.

He also told me that PHEVs ordered last week have now production date May and delivery July. Priority number is close to 900 already. Fyi for you guys. Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just got an update from my dealer. Production date January and delivery Feb/March. The wait continues.

He also told me that PHEVs ordered last week have now production date May and delivery July. Priority number is close to 900 already. Fyi for you guys. Cheers
Where you given a priority number for your order placed in September?

141 - 160 of 165 Posts