Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
161 - 180 of 617 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Tucson PHEV Ultimate; White/Grey
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
I just got an update from my dealer. Production date January and delivery Feb/March. The wait continues.

He also told me that PHEVs ordered last week have now production date May and delivery July. Priority number is close to 900 already. Fyi for you guys. Cheers
i ordered in Oct and have a priority number of 760 :eek::eek:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Btw I ordered a HEV not a PHEV. I just asked how long PHEV list was because I was considering changing my order but I'm not willing to wait until July to get it.

·
Registered
2022 Ultimate HEV
67 Posts
This also confirms that Canadian customers are not being given the same priority by Hyundai, maybe because we are a smaller market. There are many Tucson PHEVs in the US inventory without owners that came from South Korea, why not send a few to Canada?
This is what I read elsewhere online - not fact checked by myself.

Some states / provinces in Canada provide HEV/PHEV rebates further from the Federal rebates.
In some states / provinces, these rebates have a minimum-sale amount, where the manufacturer will owe money to the local government if they do not meet the minimum sale target. As such, it incentivizes the manufacturer to allocate more units to those states / provinces.

Specifically in Canada, this means units are reduced in the prairies and Ontario.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I hadn't spoken to my dealer since I signed the papers. Today they told me that the estimated production date is April.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah, the production/delivery dates you guys posted here recently are about right.

I already cancelled my order last week when they confirmed to me that Hyundai communicated to them that HEV and PHEV are Q3 2022 deliveries.

Just to think of it, by the time you guys get the 2022, 2023 will be out soon.

These delays doesnt make sense.

And the stock allocations between US and Canada is so different. Granted that US specs are different from Canada, so they are not swappable..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah, the production/delivery dates you guys posted here recently are about right.

I already cancelled my order last week when they confirmed to me that Hyundai communicated to them that HEV and PHEV are Q3 2022 deliveries.

Just to think of it, by the time you guys get the 2022, 2023 will be out soon.

These delays doesnt make sense.

And the stock allocations between US and Canada is so different. Granted that US specs are different from Canada, so they are not swappable..
Mind if I ask when you placed your order?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Order was placed on October 27.

3.5 weeks later, talking to the dealer, saying they are being delayed to the aforementioned time.

They then said that Santa Fe HEV will be 12 weeks, but i just couldn't take any risk and restart my wait time, besides, i test drove the Santa Fe, its too big for me, I prefer Tucson. Plus, they have to pull my credit and redo my application, so i said forget it.

I couldn't wait for this long, so I cancelled last week.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Order was placed on October 27.

3.5 weeks later, talking to the dealer, saying they are being delayed to the aforementioned time.

They then said that Santa Fe HEV will be 12 weeks, but i just couldn't take any risk and restart my wait time, besides, i test drove the Santa Fe, its too big for me, I prefer Tucson. Plus, they have to pull my credit and redo my application, so i said forget it.

I couldn't wait for this long, so I cancelled last week.
That's a shame. I just got word from our dealership that our order is #54 in the priority queue, so January production and likely February/March delivery.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That's a shame. I just got word from our dealership that our order is #54 in the priority queue, so January production and likely February/March delivery.
Just to clarify, you were given a new up-to-date priority number? I will see if one is available for my order.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That is helpful, thanks! I understood you ordered from a dealer in Sudbury and not online... is that correct?
Sure did. Though from what I'm reading here most people had a $500 deposit, mine was $1000 at the dealer. I have a bill of sale, just not finalized.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Ultimate PHEV (on order)
29 Posts
I just got an update from my dealer. Production date January and delivery Feb/March. The wait continues.

He also told me that PHEVs ordered last week have now production date May and delivery July. Priority number is close to 900 already. Fyi for you guys. Cheers
I placed my order for an Ultimate PHEV on November 19. Saleswoman figured on a May delivery but of course could not be certain, and things being the way they are, I didn't treat that as a promise. Too early for me to have a priority number, but your news tells me that I will need to be patient. Glad that my current vehicle is still running well. For me, it's a first-world problem.

Even without chip shortages and supply chain problems, it must be a challenge to schedule production of models going to many different markets. Right-hand/left-hand drive, different safety standards, different paint colour selections, different option availability depending on the country in question. Then throw in things like the port of Vancouver suddenly being cut off by road and rail. (That, I hope, will not be an issue by May.)

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have been shopping around and it has been a headache. I have been dealing with 4 dealerships and all are different. One dealership said if I order now i will get it in Spring. another dealer sent me the production schedule. Another dealer said a delivery of June or July. I want to get the Ultimate, but I also have a trade. Waiting and having my trade still on hand gives me stress as its if i will no longer be driving my current Tucson as I have to give it in when the new one comes... they then say they need to reevaluate my trade at that time... its such a mess.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have been shopping around and it has been a headache. I have been dealing with 4 dealerships and all are different. One dealership said if I order now i will get it in Spring. another dealer sent me the production schedule. Another dealer said a delivery of June or July. I want to get the Ultimate, but I also have a trade. Waiting and having my trade still on hand gives me stress as its if i will no longer be driving my current Tucson as I have to give it in when the new one comes... they then say they need to reevaluate my trade at that time... its such a mess.
Welcome to the thread 🙂

What does the production schedule look like? It seems like mythical object to me lol

161 - 180 of 617 Posts