Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, any luxury owners wishing they had purchased ultimate? There doesn't seem to be that many features that are different between the two. Might save on the 3k difference...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Like @jwslam said, totally personal preference:

I'm trading in my Ultimate Palisade for the PHEV Tucson. We have come to like 10:25" screen, the impressively sharp and clear Surround View Monitor, (and Blind view monitor), would not want to part with those extras, so going with the Ultimate Tucson (Canada).

Again, personal preferences

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Ultimate Hybrid White/Grey
104 Posts
Does the wired Android auto bug you? Thanks for the help everyone!
You can always buy a wireless adapter if plugging your phone in is something you don’t like.
The ultimate also gives you the projection headlights, powered passenger seat, better safety features, etc., but since I’m an ultimate owner, I can’t answer your question as I have no regrets.

·
Registered
2022 Ultimate HEV
151 Posts
Like @jwslam said, totally personal preference:

I'm trading in my Ultimate Palisade for the PHEV Tucson. We have come to like 10:25" screen, the impressively sharp and clear Surround View Monitor, (and Blind view monitor), would not want to part with those extras, so going with the Ultimate Tucson (Canada).

Again, personal preferences
Unrelated question... why the downsize? Palisades are so highly rated...

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have the Luxury phev. Personally it’s more than I ever need. I also came from a Kona which had 1/4 of the equipment this car has. Only 1 item I’d say would be front parking sensors. It has the rear ones when backing up but not front. Not the end of the world I’m a good driver. I park at work in a tight indoor garage space that’s why I’ve commented on that. Like anything you get used to the size of the vehicle and learn to maneuver. My wife likes the passenger side because it sits “high”. Some vehicles have a lower passenger seat. This is good because the passenger side isn’t electric powered but the Mrs gives it a thumbs up in terms of comfort and height so I’m happy 😆

I’ll also mention the 8” screen is more than enough personally. Plus you get wireless connectivity and you get physical controls like volume. This for me was more important than 2” more screen size.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the Luxury phev. Personally it’s more than I ever need. I also came from a Kona which had 1/4 of the equipment this car has. Only 1 item I’d say would be front parking sensors. It has the rear ones when backing up but not front. Not the end of the world I’m a good driver. I park at work in a tight indoor garage space that’s why I’ve commented on that. Like anything you get used to the size of the vehicle and learn to maneuver. My wife likes the passenger side because it sits “high”. Some vehicles have a lower passenger seat. This is good because the passenger side isn’t electric powered but the Mrs gives it a thumbs up in terms of comfort and height so I’m happy 😆

I’ll also mention the 8” screen is more than enough personally. Plus you get wireless connectivity and you get physical controls like volume. This for me was more important than 2” more screen size.
Hey there, we're actually also considering the Kona preferred AWD/sun and leather.. at the end of the day we can pay it off sooner and it fits our price range better. Which Konda did you have and how does it compare? Unfortunately there is 13-16k difference between the cars and we should probably be responsible..

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hey there, we're actually also considering the Kona preferred AWD/sun and leather.. at the end of the day we can pay it off sooner and it fits our price range better. Which Konda did you have and how does it compare? Unfortunately there is 13-16k difference between the cars and we should probably be responsible..
I had a 2019 Kona trend 1.6 turbo. The equipment is a little better now. Mine was very plastic inside, non leather (that’s the ultimate packg) and only had couple of safety features. It was quick, the turbo, 7 speed dct and AWD were great. Harsh ride. Never drove the 2.0liter model so can’t comment. The phev Tucson luxury is another vehicle entirely. There really isn’t much to compare. If you need space get a Tucson whether that’s phev or hev. The Kona is tight. If you want a zippy, fun to drive no frills AWD get a Kona. I think the newer models have more equipment and some small visual upgrades. The biggest difference for me between the 2 was size. The Tucson is a big suv compared to the Kona. The Kona is more car like. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had a 2019 Kona trend 1.6 turbo. The equipment is a little better now. Mine was very plastic inside, non leather (that’s the ultimate packg) and only had couple of safety features. It was quick, the turbo, 7 speed dct and AWD were great. Harsh ride. Never drove the 2.0liter model so can’t comment. The phev Tucson luxury is another vehicle entirely. There really isn’t much to compare. If you need space get a Tucson whether that’s phev or hev. The Kona is tight. If you want a zippy, fun to drive no frills AWD get a Kona. I think the newer models have more equipment and some small visual upgrades. The biggest difference for me between the 2 was size. The Tucson is a big suv compared to the Kona. The Kona is more car like. Hope this helps.
Most certainly does! The Kona would still be a size up from our current Ford Fiesta, we're trying to determine if the Tuscan's size is a need or a want. The Kona we would get has most the new safety/interior features, it's just not nearly as stylish as the Tuscan... but about 7k less. We're going to have to check it out again in person, so far we've only driven the Kona EV and that was a little while ago.

·
Registered
2022 Tuscon PHEV Luxury Amazon Grey
38 Posts
So I can give the perspective of a Luxury trim owner, as it looks like noone else in this thread is haha

For context, I'm coming from a 2010 Nissan Rogue that was more rust than car by the end and I'm suprised it lasted until the Tuscon arrived.

So for me, the Luxury trim is very very well equipped and honestly pretty damn nice for a non luxury brand, non top trim car. I am very happy with it and since this was a bit more than I was hoping to spend anyways, really don't mind that I'm missing the Ultimate features.

Blind spot camera
- blind spot warning will still tell you if there is a car, but I would say this could be useful if you do a lot of highway driving with traffic. But I honestly think I would still just look with my head to be sure anyways....

360 camera
Remote park
Front parking sensors
- I don't park in tight spaces very often at all, so though these are cool (especially the 369 camera) I honestly can't say I need them.

Bigger touchscreen
- sure a bigger screen is nicer, but I am perfectly fine with the smaller one. It's just for a map/music anyways. It's not like a TV where size matters more!

Seat memory and passenger power seat adjustment
- Mostly only one to drive so not a big deal!

Highway driving assist
- the adaptive cruise control and lane centering in the luxury seems solid enough, not sure what this adds!

What I'm really jealous of is all the colour options for ambient lighting haha

·
Registered
2022 Tucson PHEV Luxury
61 Posts
So I can give the perspective of a Luxury trim owner, as it looks like noone else in this thread is haha

For context, I'm coming from a 2010 Nissan Rogue that was more rust than car by the end and I'm suprised it lasted until the Tuscon arrived.

So for me, the Luxury trim is very very well equipped and honestly pretty damn nice for a non luxury brand, non top trim car. I am very happy with it and since this was a bit more than I was hoping to spend anyways, really don't mind that I'm missing the Ultimate features.

Blind spot camera
- blind spot warning will still tell you if there is a car, but I would say this could be useful if you do a lot of highway driving with traffic. But I honestly think I would still just look with my head to be sure anyways....

360 camera
Remote park
Front parking sensors
- I don't park in tight spaces very often at all, so though these are cool (especially the 369 camera) I honestly can't say I need them.

Bigger touchscreen
- sure a bigger screen is nicer, but I am perfectly fine with the smaller one. It's just for a map/music anyways. It's not like a TV where size matters more!

Seat memory and passenger power seat adjustment
- Mostly only one to drive so not a big deal!

Highway driving assist
- the adaptive cruise control and lane centering in the luxury seems solid enough, not sure what this adds!

What I'm really jealous of is all the colour options for ambient lighting haha
Same for me.
I have absolutely no regret of getting the cheaper version, being the Luxury PHEV.

Bought the Luxury PHEV simply because I wanted the wireless Apple car play, this feature was important for me, it was a bonus to save the extra $$.
The smaller screen is perfectly fine and after 1 week, you will forget the 10 inch.
The smaller screen adds the bonus of a mechanical volume dial next to the radio (y).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts