Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently awaiting an incoming limited phev in the next 2-3 weeks. The dealer mentioned changing wheels and tires on the phev version from stock was a bad idea. Asides from possibly throwing off mpg, any reason why one shouldn't do that. I was thinking of throwing on some 17 inch methods with tires that have a taller side wall.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid SEL Convenience White with Black and Gray
1 Posts
Currently awaiting an incoming limited phev in the next 2-3 weeks. The dealer mentioned changing wheels and tires on the phev version from stock was a bad idea. Asides from possibly throwing off mpg, any reason why one shouldn't do that. I was thinking of throwing on some 17 inch methods with tires that have a taller side wall.
As long as the outside tire diameter and width is the same it shouldn’t be a problem.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson HEV Ultimate; White/Grey
236 Posts
Most definitely you can run a 17” fitment if you want. If your OEM tires are 235/55R19, you can go to 235/65R17. I’d double check the revs per mile spec on the actual tire you decide on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.