Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every other week I have to disconnect my phone, then reconnect because it suddenly unpairs! Had it in to dealership, not much help. So today now with disconnecting, which then erases my contacts/favorites, I disconnected it on my phone also & then was asked for a password when it found the hyndai wifi. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THE PASSWORD I DIDN'T CREATE THE WIFI!!!!!

BLUELINK APP NOT WORKING FOR ANY COMMANDS EITHER!!!!!

·
Registered
2022Tucson "Blue" Titanium White/ Black
303 Posts
Every other week I have to disconnect my phone, then reconnect because it suddenly unpairs! Had it in to dealership, not much help. So today now with disconnecting, which then erases my contacts/favorites, I disconnected it on my phone also & then was asked for a password when it found the hyndai wifi. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THE PASSWORD I DIDN'T CREATE THE WIFI!!!!!

My phone does the same thing. It is not worth the effort. I rented a Camry last month and my phone paired instantly.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
198 Posts

I get the feeling you misunderstand now it all works. There is no connecting to the Wifi with the Wifi from the phone, you are supposed to be connecting to Bluetooth. Also the car system did not delete contacts on your phone, they are not on the car system because you are no longer connected. Once connected they will be downloaded to the car again.
Blue link has worked for me. Maybe there is a misunderstanding on that also?

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
198 Posts
And a tip - have your phone set to NOT automatically connect to Wifi then you won't be asked. You can and maybe should have it set to automatically connect to your home Wifi.

·
Registered
Limited PHEV, Quartz White with grey interior
135 Posts
If you are using Android Auto or CarPlay, the Bluetooth link sets up the Wi-Fi link for use by the app. The Wi-Fi is not accessible/usable by a humanoid.

Also, make sure your infotainment software is up to date. There was a bug where interference from nearby sources could knock down the Bluetooth link.

·
Registered
67 Posts

I have i-phone and car play has worked flawlessly for me so far, don’t even take phone out of my pocket

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Tucson Limited
84 Posts
I get the feeling you misunderstand now it all works. There is no connecting to the Wifi with the Wifi from the phone, you are supposed to be connecting to Bluetooth. Also the car system did not delete contacts on your phone, they are not on the car system because you are no longer connected. Once connected they will be downloaded to the car again.
Blue link has worked for me. Maybe there is a misunderstanding on that also?
Great reply. This is a common theme as user error for the OP. Bottom line is they're not happy with anything with the Tucson.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts