Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What have people used for home charging of a plug in? How does 120v work? Level 2 charger necessary? Worth it? (Considering $1000 federal credit and $300 utility co credit).

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Luxury PHEV, Amazon Gray
17 Posts
I just got my PHEV today and doing a charge from 120. I was at 70% to start it'll take about 5 hrs to fully charge. I'm trying to gauge whether a Level 2 is needed or not.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am picking up my PHEV today in Deep Sea Blue. I was also wondering if I needed to get a Level 2 charger so I am curious to know how long your charging took at 120volts since that is what I was going to start with too. I am in Alberta and we are on a contract with one of our electricity providers at $.03/kwh so hopefully the charging won't break the bank. Looking forward to your resluts and comments.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am picking up my PHEV today in Deep Sea Blue. I was also wondering if I needed to get a Level 2 charger so I am curious to know how long your charging took at 120volts since that is what I was going to start with too. I am in Alberta and we are on a contract with one of our electricity providers at $.03/kwh so hopefully the charging won't break the bank. Looking forward to your resluts and comments.
I was at about 20% charge last night. I plugged it in at around 6 pm and it took about 10 hours to full charge. There are a few settings on my charger for different amp coming in, 6a, 8a, 10a, and 12 a. I had it on 10a. It is a bit faster on 12a

·
Registered
17 Posts
I also went to a public charging station in one of the City of Kingston parks (a km away from my house). The Level 2 charger is manufactured by Flo (flo.ca). I had no idea how to start it. It said to put your card next to the reader, I used a credit card, it beeped and said it did not accept the card, so I googled the company. To use it I had to have a membership with the company, so I joined (free) and then put $25.00 on my account. By the way, they suggested that you get a Flo card in case your cell phone can't connect. The card costs $15.00. I opted not to get a card. When I went back to the charging station, I opened the app, selected the site I was at, then selected the coded number of the specific charger I had plugged into the car and then charging began. The rate was $1.50 per hour and the charging time was approx 2 hrs. As I was mostly just going through the process to see how it worked I wandered around the park for an hour and then disconnected the charger. I got a text that the charging was interrupted and that my account was charged $1.50 for usage. Pretty easy once you know what to do

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes the charger gives you options to set at 6 a, 8 a, 10 a or 12 a
Just idle curiosity…any rebates/tax credits in Canada for level 2 charging setup? In the US there is a $1000 federal tax credit for install and, in my area (CT), a $300 rebate from the electric company for a ChargePoint Wi-Fi enabled charger. At $2000 for electrician and $699 for ChargePoint, still a bit out of pocket.

·
Registered
43 Posts
In the province I live in, our city gives us $600 if we install a charge but that is not even close to what it would cost of have an electician come out, do the wiring, not to mention buy the level 2 charger.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts