Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have driven mine about 9,500 miles since delivery and have a few comments, wondering if I am alone or not.

1. We have definitely encountered the bulging front seat cushion problem, has anyone gotten Hyundai to do something about it? Seems crazy for leather seats in Limited trim.
2. The Drivers seat courtesy movement, sliding back for easy entry and exit, activates when opening and closing the door, NOT when pushing the start/stop button like it is supposed too per the manual. (My 2017 Kia works with the push button as intended) Anyone ask Hyundai about this? Maybe a chip shortage or wiring harness change?
3. The manual also states, on one page, that the memory seat button SHOULD set the power mirrors as well, and another page it does not mention the memory button activating the mirrors. All cars with memory seats I have ever driven, (including my 2017 Kia again) operate the mirror AND the seat when a memory button is pushed. Comments?

I find the minor issues unacceptable from a vehicle in the high thirty thousand dollar range.

·
Registered
157 Posts
As to point 2. It shoud operate when you get out and in. What's the point of it doing it when you are alrwady sat in the car?

Alan

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
651 Posts
I think what is supposed to happen is the seat stays back when you turn off the car then goes forward when you start it again. But is there a drawback in the door doing it instead of the start button? I can see where turning the car off may not necessarily be a time the driver wants the seat to go back. Not a big deal if it does but maybe turning off the car while simply waiting for someone in a parking lot as an example. And the seat moving forward seems a toss up between closing the door or hitting the button.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As to point 2. It shoud operate when you get out and in. What's the point of it doing it when you are alrwady sat in the car?

Alan
Thank you for the reply, my biggest issues are it does not work like my Kia (same company) nor as per the manual. Making me angry at Hyundai, not the Tucson. I drive both cars equal amounts. I can't get used to one or the other.
As an example of my point: Let's say it raining, snowing, cold or windy. I have my coffee, lunch bag or grocery bag in my hands. Jump in, close the door. Seat moves me into the driving position. Not good... I want to settle into the seat maybe take off hat and gloves and put my coffee down, unzip my jacket, etc. Then push start and move into position.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think what is supposed to happen is the seat stays back when you turn off the car then goes forward when you start it again. But is there a drawback in the door doing it instead of the start button? I can see where turning the car off may not necessarily be a time the driver wants the seat to go back. Not a big deal if it does but maybe turning off the car while simply waiting for someone in a parking lot as an example. And the seat moving forward seems a toss up between closing the door or hitting the button.
Thank you for the reply, my biggest issues are it does not work like my Kia (same company) nor as per the manual. Making me angry at Hyundai, not the Tucson. I drive both cars equal amounts. I can't get used to one or the other.
As an example of my point: Let's say it raining, snowing, cold or windy. I have my coffee, lunch bag or grocery bag in my hands. Jump in, close the door. Seat moves me into the driving position. Not good... I want to settle into the seat maybe take off hat and gloves and put my coffee down, unzip my jacket, etc. Then push start and move into position

·
Registered
14 Posts
While it can be frustrating to have the issue with your seats, I would encourage you to ponder this. You could be in Ukraine, running for your life as your entire home is destroyed by a soviet missile. In the grand scheme of things I assure you there are millions of people who would love to trade your issues with your seat position for theirs. I'm also very guilty of this so this is by no means a soapbox lecture but a reminder to myself that my minor problems are very insignificant compared with others.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts