Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just curious to see if anyone had their Tucson (or any other vehicle) ceramic coated or PPFed and what your experience has been like. If this is a duplicate post, please redirect! I live in the northeast region and got quoted between $6k-$7k for a full body PPF on a 2022 Tucson Limited Hybrid in Phantom Black (either XPEL Ultimate Plus or XPEL Stealth [all matte finish]). Trying to justify the cost to value ratio here if I were to keep this car for at least 10 years. Thanks!

Edit:
The alternative for me would be to pay $50/month for a scrubadub subscription pass for the ultra unlimited package which would amount to $6k over the course of 10 years.

·
Registered
42 Posts
So how is an unlimited carwash equivalent to PPPF? Does it protect against chips, scratches, and swirl marks?

Or you could just have it repainted in 5 years….

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good and valid point, just trying to see if anyone has had any recent PPF and ceramic coating experience on new Tucson models.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So how is an unlimited carwash equivalent to PPPF? Does it protect against chips, scratches, and swirl marks?

Or you could just have it repainted in 5 years….
I like the repaint in 5 yrs. That way, if you get tired of the current color you can always update it without buying a new car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts