Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am waiting in the vehicle mentioned above and my car guy said that he got a limited in, used that’s a 2022 with 1200 miles and it’s $42,988 and said the new one I am waiting on (est. 7/6) will be about the same. Can everyone please let me know about how much you are paying for the gas version of the limited? I need to know if I am getting totally screwed and need to contact Hyundai.
Responses are very much appreciated!!

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Limited
45 Posts
I believe the MSRP on my Limited was just shy of $40K. I paid 1K over invoice, so my actual cost was just under $41k. It sounds like the dealer wants $4K for a used Limited. Thats nuts! Not to mention, why was it traded only after 1200 miles?

This price gauging is uncharted waters for many of us, but I would think the dealer not disclosing the exact contract price for the new Limited you‘ve ordered, would or should be a concern to Hyundai. To that point, you have nothing to lose by contacting Hyundai.

I’m not sure wher you live, but other members have posted paying MSRP or, as in my case, paying $1-2K over MSRP. Good luck! On a final note, with just over 5K miles I’m truly enjoying my Red Beauty.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I am waiting in the vehicle mentioned above and my car guy said that he got a limited in, used that’s a 2022 with 1200 miles and it’s $42,988 and said the new one I am waiting on (est. 7/6) will be about the same. Can everyone please let me know about how much you are paying for the gas version of the limited? I need to know if I am getting totally screwed and need to contact Hyundai.
I would be very leery of why someone got rid of this car with only 1200 miles on it. wouldn’t want to buy someone else’s lemon.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Looks like up here, limited versions are going for 37-39000 plus tax
check out midway Hyundai in post falls, idaho, they did me right and are very friendly, no markups at all

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe the MSRP on my Limited was just shy of $40K. I paid 1K over invoice, so my actual cost was just under $41k. It sounds like the dealer wants $4K for a used Limited. Thats nuts! Not to mention, why was it traded only after 1200 miles?

This price gauging is uncharted waters for many of us, but I would think the dealer not disclosing the exact contract price for the new Limited you‘ve ordered, would or should be a concern to Hyundai. To that point, you have nothing to lose by contacting Hyundai.

I’m not sure wher you live, but other members have posted paying MSRP or, as in my case, paying $1-2K over MSRP. Good luck! On a final note, with just over 5K miles I’m truly enjoying my Red Beauty.

Good luck and let us know how you make out.
Thank you so much for responding. I am in Idaho. Do you have the gas Limited? I can’t wait to get it. I ordered a pearl white exterior and gray interior. I am also loving the look of no shifter. I can’t imagine only buttons. I e never even sat in one. Just pics online and reviews.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks Steve. I’ll have to do that!
I have SEL w/convenience. We put a deposit on one that was coming in a couple of months. They gave us vin.# and an out the door price. It took a couple of months but we’re very happy with car/ and dealer. If they can provide what you’re looking for, it would be worth a trip up here. On their wedsite, gotomidway.com, they show what the have coming and when

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have SEL w/convenience. We put a deposit on one that was coming in a couple of months. They gave us vin.# and an out the door price. It took a couple of months but we’re very happy with car/ and dealer. If they can provide what you’re looking for, it would be worth a trip up here. On their wedsite, gotomidway.com, they show what the have coming and when
Great. Thank you so much for the information Steve!

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Limited
45 Posts
Thank you so much for responding. I am in Idaho. Do you have the gas Limited? I can’t wait to get it. I ordered a pearl white exterior and gray interior. I am also loving the look of no shifter. I can’t imagine only buttons. I e never even sat in one. Just pics online and reviews.
I have the Limited. - Gas

·
Registered
203 Posts
Mine is the 2.5 Limited, MSRP- 38,600, bought at 38,600. Class dealership! It’s the only dealer in Northeast Ohio that I could find that would sell at that price. I told off a couple of dealers that I won’t pay “market adjustment “ prices. I had one do the same to me, tried to sell me a demo, 3000 miles, at 41,500. It’s new MSRP was was below 38,000. Wow, what a racket! They seem to wanted to 🔩🪛 the public. Hyundai needs to step in here!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mine is the 2.5 Limited, MSRP- 38,600, bought at 38,600. Class dealership! It’s the only dealer in Northeast Ohio that I could find that would sell at that price. I told off a couple of dealers that I won’t pay “market adjustment “ prices. I had one do the same to me, tried to sell me a demo, 3000 miles, at 41,500. It’s new MSRP was was below 38,000. Wow, what a racket! They seem to wanted to 🔩🪛 the public. Hyundai needs to step in here!
I totally agree! I would love to contact Hyundai. I’ll have to do some research, but to have someone with any authority and/or care, even look at it is going to be a challenge.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I totally agree! I would love to contact Hyundai. I’ll have to do some research, but to have someone with any authority and/or care, even look at it is going to be a challenge.
Just went through my owners manual. Hyundai Custmer Care- 800-633-5151, email- [email protected].
I don’t know if these will help, but they might point you in the right direction. Good Luck!😀

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Limited
45 Posts
Hi Dan! Did you have any issues buying your gas Limited? Where are you from and did they price gouge you? What are your likes/dislikes?
I’m 25 miles west of Boston, MA and like everywhere, inventory was scarce when I was looking for the Tucson back in December. I paid $1k over MSRP, so yes they priced gauged me. Then again, two other Hyundai dealerships wanted $3-4K over MSRP, so paying $1K over MSRP seemed more palatable. Crazy times, indeed.

I’m very happy with my Tucson and remained amazed at the technology.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I’m 25 miles west of Boston, MA and like everywhere, inventory was scarce when I was looking for the Tucson back in December. I paid $1k over MSRP, so yes they priced gauged me. Then again, two other Hyundai dealerships wanted $3-4K over MSRP, so paying $1K over MSRP seemed more palatable. Crazy times, indeed.

That’s what I can’t wait for. All of the new technology. I’m the type of person who when I want something I want it NOW. So, this waiting is driving me crazy. I car person said it could be about 42,000. We will see about that!! Of course he will just not care if I try and walk away since there are so many people wanting these that it will be sold in a day. That’s the hard part. There is just no negotiating with these since everyone wants them and the dealerships/salesman are reeling the rewards. I’m hoping by July there will be some kind of incentive since the 2023’s should come out soon. We will see.

·
Registered
203 Posts

I hear you had dealers closer than the one I bought it at, but they had little inventory and were asking the same 3-4,000 over MSRP. Although I didn’t buy the “hot “ hybrid, I think my dealer has been around for quite a while
The hybrid is faster/more power and has a more luxurious ride.
Sure, I wanted the hybrid too, but they harder to find then a unicorn ( especially the Limited model )! I got the 2.5 myself, and I have to say that it’s a great car! I’ve been driving gassers for over 50 years and this is the best of the bunch. It’s fast, quiet, comfortable. Everything inside says class. Yeah, a hybrid would be nice, but it’s not in the cards right now. You’ll be fighting with 25 other customers over every car. No promises of getting the color and accessories you want. It’s also new technology for the Tucson. That’s why we chose the 2.5. Its the color and has all the goodies we wanted. We’ll wait 2 or 3 years for Hyundai to get the glitches, gremlins and supply chain problems out of the system, then re-examine going with a hybrid.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts