Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
For my fellow Canadians, here are links to what I decided to buy on amazon.ca (each item is a 2-pak) ... feel free to decide on another product or source (I receive no compensation whatsoever).
If you should receive a message on either product warning you it doesn't fit your 2022 Tucson, ignore it ... I can verify it works perfectly!

To install, look underneath the vehicle ... at the rear on the driver's side, you'll see this (n.b. next 3 pics, credit to users johudso7 & Dekero from another forum):
View attachment 331
The white housing at the left of the pic is the reverse bulb, while the brownish one to its right is the signal bulb. As is typical, you need to twist the housing counter-clockwise (about a half turn) to loosen it and allow the housing to pull straight out to access/change the bulb.
View attachment 332

WARNING ... you need really small hands and strong fingers to fit into these tight spaces and get enough leverage to twist the bulb housings loose, then to tighten them again after you change each bulb! One owner reported using a 14mm socket instead to loosen the bulb housing. Another said "really long 'long-nosed' pliers (4" with 8" handles) made the job very easy." If you have large hands/fingers you might consider these tricks or perhaps obtain assistance from someone else who's suited to the task.

The passenger side rear is, as you might expect, the mirror image, but is protected by a plastic cover, held on by two plastic hex-head screws and two fasteners:
View attachment 330

For anyone not familiar with the fasteners holding the plastic cover at the right-rear (above pic shows the nearer one partially pulled out), they look like the pic below when inserted (the splayed out bottom holds the cover onto vehicle):
Finger Household hardware Tool Car alarm Thumb
You need to insert a trim tool, or a staple remover tool like this:
View attachment 333
to pull the centre pin out, separating it from its collar (which when inserted, looks like a washer), so it releases as shown in the pic below:
Finger Thumb Nail Auto part Metal
Then the entire 2-piece fastener will pop out. When done, simply re-insert the fastener (in its released state as shown immediately above) and push in firmly.

Lastly, if you find any of this useful, please give me a "thumbs up"! :D
Great post, any problems show up after a couple of months of use ?

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
349 Posts
Zilch, Nada, Zero. All are so much brighter and took no time to install. I did back-up and turn signal, cargo, glove box, two personal mirror lights. I bought only those that are made to not throw error codes.

·
Registered
'22 SEL +Convenience +Premium in Intense Blue
124 Posts
So has anyone had any problems with changing to the bulbs the the o.p. Recommended ?
Looks like you're in the US, the OP linked to some lights available in Canada. I'm sure both are fine, but I have yet to see any issues with the ones I linked to in post 10. They're used by many people on this forum and on some of the Facebook NX4 pages.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I already have them ordered but I’ve decided to return them when they arrive. Stock ones are okay, they’re just turn signals and back up lights.
Stock is absolutely fine. I like the LED being so much brighter with the turn and back-up lights so low maybe more so during the day than at night.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I already have them ordered but I’ve decided to return them when they arrive. Stock ones are okay, they’re just turn signals and back up lights.
I kind of agree. After reading the install directions ( small, strong hands? I need a device to open the pickle jar!🥺 ), I decided to still with what the So. Koreans thinks works back there!😁

·
Registered
111 Posts
Glad I found this post, the pictures are much better than the tutorial pics I took!

For any US owners, here's what I'd recommend for bulbs:
Signal lights: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07RMX2XK6
Reverse: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B099N1TB5R

The signal lights are so bright I actually jumped first time I hit the fob behind my car at night. WOW. Reverse lights are brighter, but I haven't found the camera view when backing up to be any better or worse. It was fine to begin with in my opinion.

If you're getting an error I would guess you have a weak connection, or the bulbs are just not compatible. It's not hard to get counterfeit bulbs on amazon.
I just installed your selections, and comparing after replacing just the first reverse bulb showed the original was sadly dimmer, but also looked terribly 'yellow' by comparison. And those crisp bright turn signals will probably be simultaneously 'waking up' and pissing off many drivers behind. ;)

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Ultimate Hybrid White/Grey
123 Posts
Yes, I found the LED bulbs too bright so I applied gunsmoke tint over the light assemblies. Still brighter than stock and looks good.

·
Registered
'22 SEL +Convenience +Premium in Intense Blue
124 Posts
I do agree the turn signals are towards the annoying side. Unlocking the car from behind at night can be shocking

Having some family and friends drive behind me though I haven't gotten complaints, and prior to installing my wife was surprised I wasn't using my blinkers (until I showed her where they were)

·
Registered
349 Posts
I do agree the turn signals are towards the annoying side. Unlocking the car from behind at night can be shocking

Having some family and friends drive behind me though I haven't gotten complaints, and prior to installing my wife was surprised I wasn't using my blinkers (until I showed her where they were)
A little on the annoying side is why I changed to LED's. ;)

21 - 32 of 32 Posts