Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Just got my 2022 Tucson Hybrid in the Limited Trim and I could not be happier. It might be priced like an economy car (a top-of-the-line one at that) but it definitely has luxury features the likes of which I have never seen before. Absolutely love it!

Now there is one small issue and it is, unfortunately, getting in the way of my ownership experience. Weirdly enough, whenever I try to remote start the vehicle from the MyHyundai app, the vehicle does not start..."completely." I stood right next to it once trying to start it and I noticed that the vehicle DID receive my command, it started for about 10-20 seconds and then shut itself off again. I then got the "Remote Start Unsuccessful" notification, which is weird because the car DID start, it just decided to shut off and not process my command fully. I tried this with custom presets and without and both times it did not work.

I have tried resetting the head unit. I have tried reinstalling the app. I have locked the car from the fob as well as via the button on the door handle. I have also made sure ALL the requirements have been met for a remote start. I doubt it's an issue with my signal because, as I said, it does turn on for a brief moment. It also receives all the other commands (flash the lights, locate the vehicle, lock + unlock).

I will note that it works flawlessly with the remote start on the fob.

Any advice? I have already contacted Hyundai about it and will be giving them a call pretty soon. Thanks for any and all the help you can provide!

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Limited PHEV Amazon Gray / Black. 2022 Tucson SEL PHEV Shimmering Silver / Gray
154 Posts
I think a call into the bluelink people is in order. They will most likely have you reset the bluelink to car. I have used them for a range on app and they did the same and it worked just once then reverted back to saying 0 miles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think a call into the bluelink people is in order. They will most likely have you reset the bluelink to car. I have used them for a range on app and they did the same and it worked just once then reverted back to saying 0 miles.
So it turns out that my phone was just having a bit of trouble connecting to the car. I tried it again in an open parking lot (making sure to lock it with the key fob) and the remote start worked perfectly. I talked to BlueLink and they reassured me it was all good and that the times it didn't work outside was because I had not locked it with the fob. I gotta say out of all the conditions this one seems like the most trivial but it's one I'm willing to endure for the awesome flexibility of using the remote start/stop.

In short: make sure you're getting a good signal!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Remote Start MyHyundai Malfunctioning?
I just my car and within 2 weeks the remote start works but the valet backup and forward does not. It blinks 3 times and shuts off. Did it again same thing. Anyone know a quick fix? Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts