Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Just got my 2022 Tucson Hybrid in the Limited Trim and I could not be happier. It might be priced like an economy car (a top-of-the-line one at that) but it definitely has luxury features the likes of which I have never seen before. Absolutely love it!

Now there is one small issue and it is, unfortunately, getting in the way of my ownership experience. Weirdly enough, whenever I try to remote start the vehicle from the MyHyundai app, the vehicle does not start..."completely." I stood right next to it once trying to start it and I noticed that the vehicle DID receive my command, it started for about 10-20 seconds and then shut itself off again. I then got the "Remote Start Unsuccessful" notification, which is weird because the car DID start, it just decided to shut off and not process my command fully. I tried this with custom presets and without and both times it did not work.

I have tried resetting the head unit. I have tried reinstalling the app. I have locked the car from the fob as well as via the button on the door handle. I have also made sure ALL the requirements have been met for a remote start. I doubt it's an issue with my signal because, as I said, it does turn on for a brief moment. It also receives all the other commands (flash the lights, locate the vehicle, lock + unlock).

I will note that it works flawlessly with the remote start on the fob.

Any advice? I have already contacted Hyundai about it and will be giving them a call pretty soon. Thanks for any and all the help you can provide!

· Registered
2022 Tucson Limited PHEV Amazon Gray / Black. 2022 Tucson SEL PHEV Shimmering Silver / Gray
202 Posts
I think a call into the bluelink people is in order. They will most likely have you reset the bluelink to car. I have used them for a range on app and they did the same and it worked just once then reverted back to saying 0 miles.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think a call into the bluelink people is in order. They will most likely have you reset the bluelink to car. I have used them for a range on app and they did the same and it worked just once then reverted back to saying 0 miles.
So it turns out that my phone was just having a bit of trouble connecting to the car. I tried it again in an open parking lot (making sure to lock it with the key fob) and the remote start worked perfectly. I talked to BlueLink and they reassured me it was all good and that the times it didn't work outside was because I had not locked it with the fob. I gotta say out of all the conditions this one seems like the most trivial but it's one I'm willing to endure for the awesome flexibility of using the remote start/stop.

In short: make sure you're getting a good signal!

· Registered
5 Posts
Remote Start MyHyundai Malfunctioning?
I just my car and within 2 weeks the remote start works but the valet backup and forward does not. It blinks 3 times and shuts off. Did it again same thing. Anyone know a quick fix? Chris

· Registered
15 Posts
Bluelink is flakey, signal strength is always to blame according to Bluelink.
What is the signal strength to which they are referring? Is it cellular link from smartphone (how many bars you have at the moment) to car or some remote bluelink computer that’s connected to cellular and car or what? Does anyone actually know? Does the Navigation package work through Bluelink? If so, that always works fine for me so far. I’ve only had my Limited Hybrid 6 days and 160 miles so still learning. Noticed today that when I used bluelink (for first time) in MyHyundai app, to send a signal to lock car doors, it took a few minutes to actually do so.

· Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid Limited USA Market, Amazon Grey/Black With full OEM compact Spare
190 Posts
What is the signal strength to which they are referring? Is it cellular link from smartphone (how many bars you have at the moment) to car or some remote bluelink computer that’s connected to cellular and car or what? Does anyone actually know? Does the Navigation package work through Bluelink? If so, that always works fine for me so far. I’ve only had my Limited Hybrid 6 days and 160 miles so still learning. Noticed today that when I used bluelink (for first time) in MyHyundai app, to send a signal to lock car doors, it took a few minutes to actually do so.
My understanding is that it all plays a part.

Your cellular device must be able to sent command to Hyundai servers via cell tower. Your receive signal strength may show full bars, but sending will be less.

Then that signal must get sent to vehicle which is anyone's guess if it is in a optimal location to receive it.

Sometimes its quick, slow or fails.

Easiest thing for Hyundai to claim is signal strength being poor for sub par performance.

May be some truth to it or just simply a poor execution of the remote command application.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.