Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Limited PHEV, Quartz White with grey interior
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody (successfully, easily) replaced the fasteners for their rear license plate?

My Tucson came with a dealer license plate frame attached with long(ish) hex head screws with an apparently unusual thread. I want to replace the dealer frame since they aren't paying me to advertise for them and are out of state anyway. My replacement frame requires shorter screws with a Phillips head.

I haven't been able to find replacement screws that match the threads in the hatch. I'm tempted to remove the metallic tape that (I think) is holding a threaded plastic insert and replace the insert from a kit that comes with matching inserts and screws. I'd feel a lot better if somebody could tell me that they had done this and there weren't any problems. I have some metallic duct tape if needed.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
643 Posts
Has anybody (successfully, easily) replaced the fasteners for their rear license plate?

My Tucson came with a dealer license plate frame attached with long(ish) hex head screws with an apparently unusual thread. I want to replace the dealer frame since they aren't paying me to advertise for them and are out of state anyway. My replacement frame requires shorter screws with a Phillips head.

I haven't been able to find replacement screws that match the threads in the hatch. I'm tempted to remove the metallic tape that (I think) is holding a threaded plastic insert and replace the insert from a kit that comes with matching inserts and screws. I'd feel a lot better if somebody could tell me that they had done this and there weren't any problems. I have some metallic duct tape if needed.
If you can identify the bolt maybe you can get a shorter one of that type. Sounds like when it comes from Korea they have different threading and different bolts.

The ICE (at least mine) was a regular philips head that is the standard thread. I know because I used the bolts from the car I traded in because the ones that came with the Tuscon were too short, I have a reflective frame for the plate.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts