Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here looked into possibly reselling their vehicle upon taking possession or cancelling? With wait times so long I figure other manufacturers might catch up with competing vehicles and offer alternatives that weren’t available when we first put a deposit int. I also figure since dealerships are marking up cars you wouldn’t lose any value.

I’m curious about the deposit. I’ve heard there shouldn’t be any challenge getting your money back and even if the dealership gave me a hassle I could go through my credit card company. But curious if anyone in Canada has looked into either of these options.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Has anyone here looked into possibly reselling their vehicle upon taking possession or cancelling? With wait times so long I figure other manufacturers might catch up with competing vehicles and offer alternatives that weren’t available when we first put a deposit int. I also figure since dealerships are marking up cars you wouldn’t lose any value.

I’m curious about the deposit. I’ve heard there shouldn’t be any challenge getting your money back and even if the dealership gave me a hassle I could go through my credit card company. But curious if anyone in Canada has looked into either of these options.
The 500$ booking is refundable.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Well if someone has one that they don't want in Alberta I would be interested in taking it over :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well if someone has one that they don't want in Alberta I would be interested in taking it over :)
Apparently the only way to take it over is to purchase it second hand from the original buyer. And environmental credits would be lost but that’s only $2500 in Ontario. Dealers marking up any inventory they offer anyhow. TBH, there is nothing out there without a wait list if you want electric or hybrid but people definitely dropped off the PHEV wait list last month as our wait list time dropped in half-more than double the productions capacity of 80ish cars a month.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts