Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2022Tucson "Blue" Titanium White/ Black
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found some sunflower seeds in my air box, so I put this hardware cloth on the intake pipe connection at the grille. There is a lip around the inside edge so it presses in tight with no fasteners needed. I don't know why they don't come like this, there is a screen between the box and the intake.

Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Bumper

· Registered
310 Posts
That is a right smart idea. I've seen when the cabin filter with a stamped metal mesh backer has kept critters from getting inside the car:
Wood Charcoal Gas Composite material Road surface

But except for perhaps those 'hi-flow performance' (read: poor filtering and expensive) type aftermarket engine air filters I don't notice the good quality oem ones using any metal.

It'd be interesting whether MAF sensor either 'relearns' from the minuscule difference in flow, or if it's actually enough to choke up the readings.

Now about this 'screen between box and intake'. I find no part listings for the '22 models yet, but is it visually similar to a MAF sensor?
Camera accessory Camera lens Cameras & optics Lens Flash photography

· Registered
2022Tucson "Blue" Titanium White/ Black
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is a right smart idea. I've seen when the cabin filter with a stamped metal mesh backer has kept critters from getting inside the car:
View attachment 1747

But except for perhaps those 'hi-flow performance' (read: poor filtering and expensive) type aftermarket engine air filters I don't notice the good quality oem ones using any metal.

It'd be interesting whether MAF sensor either 'relearns' from the minuscule difference in flow, or if it's actually enough to choke up the readings.

Now about this 'screen between box and intake'. I find no part listings for the '22 models yet, but is it visually similar to a MAF sensor?
View attachment 1746
It appears to be molded into the exit hole of the air box. I'll post a picure when my wife gets home with he car. I also put a screen on the top of my cabin filter. I think I already posted a photo of that.

· Registered
2022 Hyundai Tucson HEV Ultimate
48 Posts
View attachment 1747

View attachment 1746
I believe the 1.6t uses a map sensor and the 2.5 ice might use maf.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts