Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid SEL. I now have less than 600 miles on it.

Coming home on a rural, windy, two-lane road (Thank God no traffic), after slowing for a curve and then accelerating coming out of the curve, it would not accelerate, acted like it wasn't getting any gas. After several attempts of accelerating and deaccelerating, it would take off like a rocket and I'd have to brake!!! This repeated several times until I got home and I haven't taken it out since...I'M FRIGHTENED!

I just googled issues with this vehicle and, sadly, have found there do seem to be some issues.

I've reached out to dealership today 10/11/21 for help. I wanted people to know about my issue.

·
Registered
51 Posts
You need to go on line and complaint to NHTSA (NATIONAL HIWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION) 888-327-4236 about this. I doubt that the dealer will be able to replicate the problem and if it didnt throw a code they are clueless!

Read my posts or snowdog82 posts and you will see that there is something wrong with the 2022 Tucson.

If the dealer does find the problem please post the fix!

Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need to go on line and complaint to NHTSA (NATIONAL HIWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION) 888-327-4236 about this. I doubt that the dealer will be able to replicate the problem and if it didnt throw a code they are clueless!

Read my posts or snowdog82 posts and you will see that there is something wrong with the 2022 Tucson.

Good luck!
Thank you so very much, Tucson Joe, for the info. I've not ever been through anything like this before, probably not many people have, and did not know where to turn. I WILL follow througg with the info you sent. I'm scared, I will NOT take it out on the road. I can just invision making a left turn, yielding to oncoming traffic, giving it some gas...and nothing...and getting T-Boned. Did not hear from dealership today: Go Team Hyundai of Bend, Oregon.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Good luck!
Read about your experience... How's your Lemon Law process going so far? Any good news?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts