Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! My wife just bought a brand new, off the truck, upgraded SEL Tucson today. First brand new vehicle ever. Love the little grocery getter, but we've encountered an....annoyance. There seems to be no information on how to disable the seat belt chime for any of the seats. Never owned a vehicle that the owner manual didn't give some kind of instruction on how to do it.

Has anyone figured out how to disable the chime? If I have to buy a seat belt clip to fool the system, so be it, but I know I'm not the only one hoping to get rid of the chime.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lots of reasons. Doesn't really matter, and not really relevant. Just need the information since no one anywhere I've looked seems to know.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello everyone! My wife just bought a brand new, off the truck, upgraded SEL Tucson today. First brand new vehicle ever. Love the little grocery getter, but we've encountered an....annoyance. There seems to be no information on how to disable the seat belt chime for any of the seats. Never owned a vehicle that the owner manual didn't give some kind of instruction on how to do it.

Has anyone figured out how to disable the chime? If I have to buy a seat belt clip to fool the system, so be it, but I know I'm not the only one hoping to get rid of the chime.
[/QUOT

·
Registered
8 Posts
You are likely not able to disable the seat belt chimes. Manufacturers are getting away from offering that option. Our 2018 Tucson and both my 2017 f150 and 2019 Ranger have no way to factory disable the seatbelt chimes. Aftermarket... well that is a different story for the Fords.

·
Registered
24 Posts

Reading below, I see that you found the information. Please share it. I know I and others would be interested in how to do it. thank you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
  • For starters, it is illegal to temper or disable that chime notice here in USA. It’s a safety mandated law enforced by DMV and all highway patrol in All states! It is not a Fix-it ticket if you got caught, it’s a Felony count!
  • * there is a “illegal” way to disable it, via software hack thru ODB2 interface. That information is available thru the “dark web/TOR”. If you need it, search it yourself “* (don’t ask me for it, I will not tell you)
Always Wear Your Seatbelt!

·
Registered
139 Posts
You're absolutely right. And you know what's truly terrifying? These people have voting rights! Sheep. They are simply resources for the government to live off of and do as they are told. Every syllable. Well trained little marxists created by the public education system/ university.
Tin foil hats anyone?

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Tucson SEL Convenience w/Premium non-hybrid
40 Posts
WOW, this thread took a wrong turn quick.
Anyway, there's no way to turn off the chime but drive at your own risk. Be warned though, cheesy slogan here "Click It or Ticket"

·
Registered
3 Posts
  • For starters, it is illegal to temper or disable that chime notice here in USA. It’s a safety mandated law enforced by DMV and all highway patrol in All states! It is not a Fix-it ticket if you got caught, it’s a Felony count!
  • * there is a “illegal” way to disable it, via software hack thru ODB2 interface. That information is available thru the “dark web/TOR”. If you need it, search it yourself “* (don’t ask me for it, I will not tell you)
Always Wear Your Seatbelt!
Haha Again, you are wrong. First of all, you do not need to go to the "Dark Web" for that information. (Haha...what an idiot.) Use Google, it is MUCH easier. Some vehicles allow you to disable the chime in the settings AND there are many exceptions in the law that allow individuals to NOT wear a seat belt at all. Please share that state / federal statute that says it is a "Felony". I would be very interested to see that. There is NO law in my state that says I cannot disable my seat belt chime and for my vehicle to pass inspection, I do not need a seat belt chime. That is NOT part of the criteria. Now you have shown yourself to be an ignorant intolerant Lib-tard.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Where's the divine tolerance? Usual liberal hypocrite/ sheep.

Haha Again, you are wrong. First of all, you do not need to go to the "Dark Web" for that information. (Haha...what an idiot.) Use Google, it is MUCH easier. Some vehicles allow you to disable the chime in the settings AND there are many exceptions in the law that allow individuals to NOT wear a seat belt at all. Please share that state / federal statute that says it is a "Felony". I would be very interested to see that. There is NO law in my state that says I cannot disable my seat belt chime and for my vehicle to pass inspection, I do not need a seat belt chime. That is NOT part of the criteria. Now you have shown yourself to be an ignorant intolerant Lib-tard.
Please please I beg of you. Please disable your seat belts, airbag chimes bells whistles, etc., disregard all those freedom robbing stop signs, traffic lights, railroad crossing signals, talk and text while you are driving, pile as many open kingers as you can fit between your legs and chug them down as fast as you can, disable the safety on your nine mm before you put it under your pillow tonight, and avoid any other government mandated rules that are keeping you and your ilk from killing yourselves you block headed dufus.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Please please I beg of you. Please disable your seat belts, airbag chimes bells whistles, etc., disregard all those freedom robbing stop signs, traffic lights, railroad crossing signals, talk and text while you are driving, pile as many open kingers as you can fit between your legs and chug them down as fast as you can, disable the safety on your nine mm before you put it under your pillow tonight, and avoid any other government mandated rules that are keeping you and your ilk from killing yourselves you block headed dufus.
Haha Yet ANOTHER immature subjective INTOLERANT rant. Disabling my seat belt chime is NOT illegal in my state so why are you encouraging me to break the law and be unsafe? Because you don't want me to disable my seat belt chime? You are an intolerant moron! I explained that already, but you could not care less about facts. All you care about is that you disagree with me on a LEGAL decision I have made and all you can do is attack me for it. Not once has anyone asked WHY I want it disabled, but you don't care because YOU know what is best for me. Unbelievable. And if you are any relation, Mungo Homes suck. VERY poor construction .

1 - 20 of 24 Posts