Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw that there was a lot of discussion about CarPlay and the problems Tucson owners were having. I'm wanting to order a Tucson Hybrid with SEL Convenience Package, but I'm very techie and I'd be absolutely annoyed if CarPlay didn't work. Can you connect wirelessly or do you plug your iPhone into the infotainment system? Does that depend upon what trim level you have and whether or not it's a hybrid? Just curious if any Apple updates have helped with the CarPlay issues or would you feel like you're still having them. Thanks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a Limited Hybrid. I just plug in my phone and have never had any issues with CarPlay. I think what you are referencing is the fact that the Limited trim level, that has the built in navigation, does not have wireless CarPlay, though the lower trim levels do.

I have never found this to be an issue. I just leave a cord plugged into the left USB port and it works well.

If I was buying a non-hybrid, I’d be more worried about the transmission issues and not the CarPlay.

Good luck

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid SEL
23 Posts
I have a 2022 Tucson Hybrid. I have persistent BT Audio disconnects with Android Auto especially just around the subdivision entrance. My phone is a Samsung A10E with Android 11. The phone doesn't disconnect from my earbuds until I am about 60 feet plus away from the phone. It disconnects using both wireless and wired connections from phone to the car's head unit.

I would suggest before buying that you ask to pair your phone an your test drive and make a it a good few miles to see if you see the same problem

Google says that any Android phone with Android 11 is compatible with AA. Also that Samsung and Google phones are compatible with Android 10 on the phone.

·
Registered
2022 Black on Black Tucson Hybrid SEL Convenience
5 Posts
I saw that there was a lot of discussion about CarPlay and the problems Tucson owners were having. I'm wanting to order a Tucson Hybrid with SEL Convenience Package, but I'm very techie and I'd be absolutely annoyed if CarPlay didn't work. Can you connect wirelessly or do you plug your iPhone into the infotainment system? Does that depend upon what trim level you have and whether or not it's a hybrid? Just curious if any Apple updates have helped with the CarPlay issues or would you feel like you're still having them. Thanks.
[/QUOT
I have the hybrid in the SEL trim level. I regularly use an Apple IPhone 12 with carplay (wireless) I have not had any trouble with apple maps, the phone or media music.

Hope you find the same if you get yours.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid SEL
23 Posts
i don’t have an iPhone. I have an android phone. I have the SEL trim 2022 TucsonHybrid. I have disconnects from BT Audio in the car at various times and places but every time I leave or enter the subdivision I live in. Disconnects also at my sons workplace every time I go there. Dealer doesn’t know beans. Today, I out the phone on the charging pad (my phone does NOT charge wirelessly. There were no disconnects entering my subdivision. The phone usually sits in a holder on top of the dash. I will keep it on the charging pad going forward to see if it fixes the issue. I have read that the premium model doesn’t do either wireless or wired but don't remember for sure which. I think it is wireless that the premium doesn’t do.

other than that, i like the car a lot. Still waiting for weathertech to come out with the rear cargo liner…supposedly around December according to them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts