Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts

· Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid SEL Convenience
104 Posts
Good morning, fellow Shimmering Silver Tucson owners. My decision to go with this color was predicated more on practicality and process of elimination. I live in Phoenix where dust and broiling 110 temps in the summer are a constant. For me, a dark colored vehicle is a hard pass on both counts - they show dust more readily than other colors and get hotter when outside. My last two vehicles were a candy apple red 2001 Eclipse Spyder and a light blue Mazdaspeed 3, and I have never owned a black or white vehicle. Unfortunately Hyundai's very limited monochromatic color palette for the Tucson Hybrid left me few options. I would have jumped all over the Intense Blue, but only available in ICE. Might have even considered the White on the Tucson, but not for an extra $400. I am happy with my silver, and plan to liven it up a bit with some red trim inside and out.

· Registered
1 Posts
Just purchased as 'used' with 7500 miles on it. Seems to have been a demo bc the plastic is still on the 2nd row seatbelts and various other places, plus the owner's manual was dogeared to a couple of specific places regarding features. So far I love it. "Birdie" has black leather interior and a sunroof. I really enjoy the look of the dark chrome grill, especially in full sun where it looks almost iridescent.

Attachments

· Registered
2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Ultimate
3 Posts
Hello fellow Shimmering Silver owners,

Just got one a week ago. Colour is better than I expected. I had a wired hitch installed and already put winter rims and tires on for a trip this weekend as it's the law on our Coquihalla Hwy from Oct 1 - Apr 30. READY TO GO!!

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Tire

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Cloud

Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

· Registered
346 Posts
That's a nice color, and would have been in the mix for the wife's new ride. Except. I already knew her response when I brought colors up. After exactly 20 years in her silver Tribute she very diplomatically volunteered, "maybe I'll try something different this time." Since the black and the white were not in contention, and the blue and the red are just not her cup 'o tea (read too bold), that left just the two grays. The Portofino won out as it camouflaged the d. toned plastic skirting better.

But that silver does tie together the glass tint, plastic trim and d. chrome well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts