Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to get an idea of what to expect with the dealer as far as maintenance plans etc beyond 3yrs 36mo. Do they offer anything at a discount beyond that at time of purchase? Does anyone have any other suggestions? This is my first Hyundai after having Subarus and a Volvo.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
634 Posts
Interesting, if I understand your question in all these years I never heard of a long term discount service plan, unless you mean an extended warranty coverage. Like all of them Hyundai has that. Subaru or Volvo had a discount service plan?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting, if I understand your question in all these years I never heard of a long term discount service plan, unless you mean an extended warranty coverage. Like all of them Hyundai has that. Subaru or Volvo had a discount service plan?
Yes, from Volvo, it was prepaid maintenance that could be purchased up to 100K with an option that included "wear" parts like brakes and windshield wipers. It was from Volvo direct so you could buy and or use it at other dealerships. I guess it wasn't discounted so much as frozen.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Because of all the tech. built into this new Tucson, we purchased the Hyundai factory service plan. 10 years, 100k miles and 0 deductible. We paid 1398.00 through the dealer. It won’t help on powertrain (already covered for 10/100k but I can’t imagine how much a new digital instrument cluster would cost. It basically exTends the factory “bumper to bumper” from 5 years to 10 years and we keep vehicles for a long time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Because of all the tech. built into this new Tucson, we purchased the Hyundai factory service plan. 10 years, 100k miles and 0 deductible. We paid 1398.00 through the dealer. It won’t help on powertrain (already covered for 10/100k but I can’t imagine how much a new digital instrument cluster would cost. It basically exTends the factory “bumper to bumper” from 5 years to 10 years and we keep vehicles for a long time.
Awesome, exactly what I was looking for. I wonder how much wiggle room there is between the dealers? With my Volvo I found a cheap quote from another dealership and the one where I bring my car for service matched it. I'll have to do some research before I sit down and finalize the purchase when the car comes in.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Limited
59 Posts
Awesome, exactly what I was looking for. I wonder how much wiggle room there is between the dealers? With my Volvo I found a cheap quote from another dealership and the one where I bring my car for service matched it. I'll have to do some research before I sit down and finalize the purchase when the car comes in.
A number of forum members, including me, purchased an extended warranty from a dealer in Burlington, VT ( search this forum ) who was much more competitive than my dealer. In addition to the warranty option quoted above, I got the 10 year, 120K, 0 deductible plan for $1598. Given the electronics in the Limited, it was, for me, worth the peace of mind.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think dealers will quote around 3 thousand for this, but I know several people here have purchased for 1398. when I told the dealer the going price, he happily matched it. That’s as low as you’ll find I’m sure

·
Registered
634 Posts
A number of forum members, including me, purchased an extended warranty from a dealer in Burlington, VT ( search this forum ) who was much more competitive than my dealer. In addition to the warranty option quoted above, I got the 10 year, 120K, 0 deductible plan for $1598. Given the electronics in the Limited, it was, for me, worth the peace of mind.
Which of the extended warranties did you get. (Gold, Platinum, Platinum+?)

·
Registered
634 Posts
Platinum!
Thanks for the info. I didn't pay as much more as I was starting to think I did than I should have. $1999 for Platinum Plus after sitting in the office working it down for awhile.

I was at a disadvantage, I never bought an extended warranty before and was not expecting to get it now. So I had done no research on it.
But regardless of those who say never ever buy it, that was yesterday, this is today's cars. Having all electronics, radio, chips etc covered along with all the more traditional things for 100,000 miles or 10 years and it being transferrable (if a private sale) I think it's worth it.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Thanks for the info. I didn't pay as much more as I was starting to think I did than I should have. $1999 for Platinum Plus after sitting in the office working it down for awhile.

I was at a disadvantage, I never bought an extended warranty before and was not expecting to get it now. So I had done no research on it.
But regardless of those who say never ever buy it, that was yesterday, this is today's cars. Having all electronics, radio, chips etc covered along with all the more traditional things for 100,000 miles or 10 years and it being transferrable (if a private sale) I think it's worth it.
I would normally be on of those that says to never buy it ( God knows, Consumer Reports drilled that into me! ). If you plan on keeping the car for a long time ( especially past the factory warranty), it might be worth it for piece of mind.
My wife and I usually only keep cars 2-3 years, so for us we’ll probably pass on it ( even knowing the finance manager is going to do the full court press on us this week when we pickup our Tucson ). We’ve done the extended warranty many times before and never used it ( the exception being a Chrysler minivan, many years ago, that really, really needed it!).
This is one of those decisions that you have to make for your own family situation! Don’t listen to the experts who say no. Do what in your own mind is the right thing to do for you!😁👍🏻

·
Registered
634 Posts
I would normally be on of those that says to never buy it ( God knows, Consumer Reports drilled that into me! ). If you plan on keeping the car for a long time ( especially past the factory warranty), it might be worth it for piece of mind.
My wife and I usually only keep cars 2-3 years, so for us we’ll probably pass on it ( even knowing the finance manager is going to do the full court press on us this week when we pickup our Tucson ). We’ve done the extended warranty many times before and never used it ( the exception being a Chrysler minivan, many years ago, that really, really needed it!).
This is one of those decisions that you have to make for your own family situation! Don’t listen to the experts who say no. Do what in your own mind is the right thing to do for you!😁👍🏻
Well put. My first time getting it and as you say Consumer Reports and honestly many other places say never and I said not to.
So hard to predict the future and how long I will keep this one, I would not have a new Tucson if not for the ridiculous amount of money I got for my car and was not going to get a new one. So who knows.
With all the electronics and so much depending on chips this coverage seems reasonable to get. Then the rising cost to get anything replaced just look at what happens just to replace the license plate lights now. Add to that it will give some value if I should decide to sell having a warranty that is assignable.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts