Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From E-Bay, I purchased a donut spare for the current generation Palisade and a jack for the current generation Tucson. The Palisade spare is a 155/90-18 tire which has a diameter only 0.20 inches less than the 235/55-19 tires on the Limited with the same bolt size / pattern and center bore. The Palisade jack may also work but I didn't spend the time trying to confirm. The Palisade donut spare and jack / tools fit perfectly and as mentioned in previous posts, the studs in the spare tire well should be covered up or cut off /removed (if the studs are cut off, the removable floor could be set in the lowest position).

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Tucscon Hybrid SEL Convenience
21 Posts
I actually cut up and placed pieces of dense packing foam over the exposed bolts in the well. Worked very nicely. I got a spare from a Sorento (same as the Santa Fe spare) that uses the same regular 235/55 19s. The spare is 165/90 17 and around .5" less in diameter, but still less than 2% difference.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Have you tried to place a jack under your tuscon hybrid? Or jack it up?
Yes I have, to rotate the tires. Please follow all safety precautions and instructions to jack up each wheel. The lifting points that MUST be used are in front of the rear wheels and behind the front wheels which are located underneath cut outs in the plastic trim that runs along the unibody rails. The exact lifting point for where the saddle of the jack must be placed is between 2 arrows stamped onto the rail.

·
Registered
227 Posts
From E-Bay, I purchased a donut spare for the current generation Palisade and a jack for the current generation Tucson. The Palisade spare is a 155/90-18 tire which has a diameter only 0.20 inches less than the 235/55-19 tires on the Limited with the same bolt size / pattern and center bore. The Palisade jack may also work but I didn't spend the time trying to confirm. The Palisade donut spare and jack / tools fit perfectly and as mentioned in previous posts, the studs in the spare tire well should be covered up or cut off /removed (if the studs are cut off, the removable floor could be set in the lowest position).
And from the helpful info one of those other posts I'm now hunting ebay and the like for a new take-off of that same 155/90-18 for mine, it having come with the 19es as well.

I actually cut up and placed pieces of dense packing foam over the exposed bolts in the well. Worked very nicely. I got a spare from a Sorento (same as the Santa Fe spare) that uses the same regular 235/55 19s. The spare is 165/90 17 and around .5" less in diameter, but still less than 2% difference.
Correct, and I'm sure Hyundai can be trusted to have run all the numbers to their satisfaction to sign off on the 165/90-17 for use as a spare with 19es. But given every manufacturer's offsetting priorities on 'commonality' and 'economies' I'm more interested in allowing absolutely no potential for running gear bind, considering I have the AWD. And especially since I'd never want that to be the reason my wife couldn't keep this one the same 20 years as her last one.

In short, once I get the replacement I'll have a 'never touched ground' spare for sale to what sounds like every hybrid owner out there - any who want a spare that is. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts