Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m at one full week of ownership of my 22 HEV Limited, and by day 3 I noticed a “rattling” sound that I eventually traced to the radio console unit. On bumpier roads the plastic components are rubbing together somewhere, and when a somewhat light touch is applied to the right side of it the sound goes away.
I’m not about to spend the next 36 months listening to this (I’m fairly noise sensitive/neurodivergent), but dealers are notoriously bad at duplicating these kinds of issues.
Anyone have similar issues and/or any suggestions?

· Registered
22Tucson2.5 03TiburonGT
158 Posts
I've got the non hybrid,
Car is tight the only thing I can hear are the direct injectors ticking away when cold but quiet when warmed up.
The model I got was built in Korea not Alabama according to the door sticker.

· Registered
2022 Hyundai Tucson Plug-In Limited
6 Posts
I’m at one full week of ownership of my 22 HEV Limited, and by day 3 I noticed a “rattling” sound that I eventually traced to the radio console unit. On bumpier roads the plastic components are rubbing together somewhere, and when a somewhat light touch is applied to the right side of it the sound goes away.
I’m not about to spend the next 36 months listening to this (I’m fairly noise sensitive/neurodivergent), but dealers are notoriously bad at duplicating these kinds of issues.
Anyone have similar issues and/or any suggestions?
I think I had the same issue as you. I traced mine to the passenger side of the radio/hvac controls. I did try to remove this piece but went to plan B as I was really afraid of breaking the plastic piece while trying to pry it off. But I was able to put some felt pads in-between the problem trim piece and the bottom of the radio. I also put some in between the dashboard and the trim piece and it's been quiet ever since. I used a trim tool to kind of wedge them into the gaps.
Car Gear shift Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Feeling validated, thank you! 🤣 Can you post photos of how it looks after? And what type of felt pads you used? Mine’s a lease but I’m not above shoving stuff into crevices for my sanity!

· Registered
2022 Tucson LTD
112 Posts
I've got the non hybrid,
Car is tight the only thing I can hear are the direct injectors ticking away when cold but quiet when warmed up.
The model I got was built in Korea not Alabama according to the door sticker.
I think that's the valves you are hearing, I hear them also. Thinking of going a little thicker oil to stop the tapping sound. If it were the injectors they would heard all the time. Cold or hot they usually sound the same. Maybe I'm wrong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts