Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my Tucson back in January 2022. It’s a 2022 SEL and it’s not a hybrid it’s just gasoline. The car was working great, no issues until this morning. My radio, fan, check engine light, oil light, battery light and key light all came on but it would never turn over to start. It would just click. I had to miss a whole day of work. I called the dealership and they directed me on to the road side service. They send a tow truck to my house and I was labeled as a “jump off” which tells me Hyundai knows their batteries are junk and isn’t fixing the problem but it took the tow guy 3 different ways to jump start it and it finally took off. Ended up driving it back to the dealership where they were going to run a 60-160 minute battery test to see if current is going anywhere else in the car. It was a great car and never had any issues, but highly disappointed that I paid so much for a car and only had 1400 miles on it and for it to be dead In my driveway. Has anyone else had any issues with their gasoline engine Tucson?

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
186 Posts
You're making a lot of assumptions! You have no idea if it is the battery or not yet in fact you were told they are looking to see if the current is going anywhere, which would mean they may not think the battery is bad.. There is no track record of bad batteries I have seen anywhere.

All new cars can have problems and I agree it can be disappointing if it happens. Hopefully this will be taken care of and not happen again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts