Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have owned my Tucson '22 SEL for 3 weeks and sat in it nightly with the manuals to learn it however I am still confused about how to turn engine on & off. Foot always on break pedal or not? Push button once or twice, three times? Sometimes the break pedal feels really stiff & I have to press hard, other times it feels looser. I have started it both ways and I see it goes through an accessory mode with one press of the button but also sometimes that one press starts it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, I have owned my Tucson '22 SEL for 3 weeks and sat in it nightly with the manuals to learn it however I am still confused about how to turn engine on & off. Foot always on break pedal or not? Push button once or twice, three times? Sometimes the break pedal feels really stiff & I have to press hard, other times it feels looser. I have started it both ways and I see it goes through an accessory mode with one press of the button but also sometimes that one press starts it.
You need to put pressure on the brake pedal and hold the pressure, while you press the button once. So to start the car hold the brake pedal down, push the start/stop button. To turn off the car, hold pressure on the brake pedal, make sure the car is in PARK, then push the start/stop button. If that does not work, then you have an issue with the car. I admit, I got confused by this when I first got the car. Forget the manual for now search for the U-Tube Video's, there are dealerships who made some really good video's search google for "2022 Tucson SEL video"

·
Registered
6 Posts
Based on my own experience and experimentation...
  • WITH THE VEHICLE / ENGINE OFF
    • No Brake
      • Push Button once to enter accessory mode
      • Push Button a second time to turn the vehicle "on", without actually starting the engine
      • Push button a third time to turn the vehicle off
    • While Holding Brake
      • Push button to start the engine

• WITH THE VEHICLE / ENGINE RUNNING
    • Push the button to turn the vehicle off (no brake needed)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts