Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The plastic trim on the driver's side roof rail keeps disappearing in car washes and on the freeway, I'm going back to the dealer for the THIRD time July 1st. It seems to take Hyundai several tries to figure out the same problem. Take my tailgate for example. I told the dealer it wouldn't open in cold weather. They replaced the latch the first time in, the switch the second time in and finally "discovered" the painted over ground from the factory on the visit where a tech checked for a bad ground. I would have STARTED with a ground fault check. Maybe it isn't the car. Maybe the problem is the shop. Broadway Hyundai in Green Bay, WI. Don't get me wrong, I truly enjoy the car. The quality control problems and service issues? Not so much.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
783 Posts
The plastic trim on the driver's side roof rail keeps disappearing in car washes and on the freeway, I'm going back to the dealer for the THIRD time July 1st. It seems to take Hyundai several tries to figure out the same problem. Take my tailgate for example. I told the dealer it wouldn't open in cold weather. They replaced the latch the first time in, the switch the second time in and finally "discovered" the painted over ground from the factory on the visit where a tech checked for a bad ground. I would have STARTED with a ground fault check. Maybe it isn't the car. Maybe the problem is the shop. Broadway Hyundai in Green Bay, WI. Don't get me wrong, I truly enjoy the car. The quality control problems and service issues? Not so much.
Pics of what keeps falling off would help, like your second issue I don't remember anyone else posting it happened.

Kia and I guess maybe Hyundai have a knack for painting under the ground. Maybe others too?
Some of us on the Soul forum took off all the grounds under the hood and scrapped the paint not because of any problems but to maybe prevent them.
But I can't say that should have been where a dealership would start with. I have yet to see anyone else post that particular issue so yours may be a one off getting paint there in this case. And when intermittent there well may not be a ground fault at that moment tested.

But still that is a reminder something to think about if something works sometimes and not another but finding all the grounds associated isn't always easy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts