Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid Limited USA Market, Amazon Grey/Black With full OEM compact Spare
187 Posts
Why the Santa Fe Hybrid has a spare tire and the Tuscon Hybrid doesn't have one. So price can be competitive with other Hybrid.
Depends on the market. I belive all the 2023MY will now come equipped with a temporary spare.

The 22 Sportage Hybrid which is very similar uni body as the 22 Tucson comes with a temporary spare, which is confusing why Hyundai decided against it.

IMO two reasons for no spare in 2022 Tucson Hybrids.

Cost and weight savings.

Battery design placement possible damage/fire in rear end crash.

· Registered
Montreal, QC
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In HEV, there's room under the cargo and I understand in the PHEV due to the large battery that is placed in the spare tire, there's no room for a spare tire. They could had put one on the roof or on the tail gate. LOL

· Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid Limited USA Market, Amazon Grey/Black With full OEM compact Spare
187 Posts
In HEV, there's room under the cargo and I understand in the PHEV due to the large battery that is placed in the spare tire, there's no room for a spare tire. They could had put one on the roof or on the tail gate. LOL
The PHEV, unlike the HEV [that uses a partition off the high voltage traction battery under the rear seat] for low voltage 12VDC accessory/module power, places a dedicated small 12VDC battery in the spare tire compartment like a afterthought, just big enough to make the compartment useless for a spare.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts