Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022Tucson "Blue" Titanium White/ Black
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a day trip today to Boston and back with my "Blue" hybrid. The photo is blurry but it says 147.5 miles, 40.7mpg. I had the cruise set to 68, but I feathered the "gas" pedal on downhills on electric only up to 72mph until the ICE kicked in.
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering part Automotive design

·
Registered
Hybrid Limited
146 Posts
I did a day trip today to Boston and back with my "Blue" hybrid. The photo is blurry but it says 147.5 miles, 40.7mpg. I had the cruise set to 68, but I feathered the "gas" pedal on downhills on electric only up to 72mph until the ICE kicked in.
It is very impressive!
However, I have a question:
When you refueled your car - did you fill the tank full? I am wondering because it shows your trip (since refueling) was 147.5 miles and it also shows that 114 miles left until tank is empty.
Thus, total on a full tank would be only around 262 miles - this is not right for a hybrid.
I usually drive on a full tank between 470-485 miles ( I have Hybrid Limited - should not make a difference in the mpg, vs. Blue, I would think) .
Here is the screenshot
Light Green Speedometer Circle Plant

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. Massachusetts has these funky gas pumps on the Mass. Pike where you have to specify a dollar amount, so I just put 20.00 in. The Pike gas is almost 1.00 more per gallon than in the suburbs. I could have made it home without putting fuel in, but i didn't want to push it.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Probably not. Definitely above 30. I'll have to try it next time. my son who lives there just had twins so i'll have plenty of opportunities to experiment. I have another post here that shows my trip to Nashville and back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts