Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2022, Hyundai, Tucson Luxury Hybrid AWD
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guys,

I started to experience noises when backing up the car. Took it to the dealer, they checked all the braking system and it was all in perfect condition. I was told that we must drive the car often, we usually drive the car 4 times a week maybe 2 or 3 hours.

We live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada which is also very dry city and I have seen some comments on reddit of people experiencing the same in Arizona and Nevada.

Has anyone experienced this? If yes, how did you guys resolve this issue? And one question for the experts, does anyone know what is the material of the brake pads on the 2022 Hybrid?

Cheers,

Gus

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you tried doing this test without activating the emergency brake when parked?
Hi Turbofan, what do you mean? I'm a software engineer, so, I know more about chicken maternity than cars, but let me see if I understand. You mean, parking everywhere without engaging what would be the handbrake, the trigger you pull that is located below all the gear modes (P, R, D)? If this is what you meant, is not dangerous to park outside without engaging it? We always engage/activate it, either inside our parking spot at the building or while being outside.

Cheers,

Gus

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hello guys,

I started to experience noises when backing up the car. Took it to the dealer, they checked all the braking system and it was all in perfect condition. I was told that we must drive the car often, we usually drive the car 4 times a week maybe 2 or 3 hours.

We live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada which is also very dry city and I have seen some comments on reddit of people experiencing the same in Arizona and Nevada.

Has anyone experienced this? If yes, how did you guys resolve this issue? And one question for the experts, does anyone know what is the material of the brake pads on the 2022 Hybrid?

Cheers,

Gus

It's been pretty wet in Calgary recently. Have you driven through any large water puddles recently? My vehicles brakes squeak /squeal briefly after it dries up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's been pretty wet in Calgary recently. Have you driven through any large water puddles recently? My vehicles brakes squeak /squeal briefly after it dries up.
Hi Hooray, yeah it has been pretty wet recently, however, this have been happening for the past 4 months, started to happen a day in winter and it hasn't gone away.

Cheers,

Gus

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Ultimate Hybrid White/Grey
123 Posts
Hi Turbofan, what do you mean? I'm a software engineer, so, I know more about chicken maternity than cars, but let me see if I understand. You mean, parking everywhere without engaging what would be the handbrake, the trigger you pull that is located below all the gear modes (P, R, D)? If this is what you meant, is not dangerous to park outside without engaging it? We always engage/activate it, either inside our parking spot at the building or while being outside.

Cheers,

Gus
You can hear the parking brake disengage in your video. Try parking without engaging the parking brake.
I am pretty sure the parking brake uses separate brake pads within the hub and they may be sticking and not releasing quick enough. Happens when there is moisture in there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can hear the parking brake disengage in your video. Try parking without engaging the parking brake.
I am pretty sure the parking brake uses separate brake pads within the hub and they may be sticking and not releasing quick enough. Happens when there is moisture in there.
Have in mind this also happens after a 2 hour drive just backing up will end up with the same result. The emergency brake was engaged so I can place the camera :D But this happens also after a long drive just getting home and then directly to R and there you have it :)

Cheers,

Gus

·
Registered
2022Tucson "Blue" Titanium White/ Black
332 Posts
Hello guys,

Cheers,

Gus

Yes, 13000 miles and my brakes squeal in reverse when cold. After first drive of the day they are squeal free.

·
Registered
2022Tucson "Blue" Titanium White/ Black
332 Posts
Have in mind this also happens after a 2 hour drive just backing up will end up with the same result. The emergency brake was engaged so I can place the camera :D But this happens also after a long drive just getting home and then directly to R and there you have it :)

Cheers,

Gus
The Hyundai uses the disc brakes for the parking brake.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts