Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Reverse sound emanating from the front of the Tucson Hybrid sound is loud, odd, and frankly embarrassing. A neighbor has complained that it wakes her up in the morning. The dealer's hands are tied because it's a feature of the vehicle. If anyone comes up with a solution for how to mitigate this issue, please post.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Ultimate Hybrid
22 Posts
The Reverse sound emanating from the front of the Tucson Hybrid sound is loud, odd, and frankly embarrassing. A neighbor has complained that it wakes her up in the morning. The dealer's hands are tied because it's a feature of the vehicle. If anyone comes up with a solution for how to mitigate this issue, please post.
^ Seems to be an issue confined to Tucson Hybrid vehicles built for the U.S. market only - vehicles built for the Canadian market (for example) have a much softer, much more agreeable Reverse sound.
The sound apparently comes out of a speaker mounted somewhere in the front of the vehicle. I wonder if you can solve the problem by installing the Canadian version of the latest software update? It might be worth a try. Or try finding the noise maker and put a sock in it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree - I have to do something - we have a long driveway and my wife leaves early in the morning...we have to figure something out. Neighbors will not be happy !! I will investigate a bit more...

Thanks,
rvacs

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree - I have to do something - we have a long driveway and my wife leaves early in the morning...we have to figure something out. Neighbors will not be happy !! I will investigate a bit more...

Thanks,
rvacs
Apparently this a requirement in the US for vehicles that sometimes operate in EV only mode. It’s required to be that loud. The simple, if inelegant solution, is to put some tape over the speaker. That will quite the sound without eliminating it entirely. You could also unplug the speaker but that seems like not a great idea given that it is an important safety feature (the same speaker provides the virtual engine noise. Aka the angel song). The speaker can be seen on the drivers side through the grill.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well as a good neighbour, you could back your car in, so that when you leave in the morning you drive forwards?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts