Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2022 Tucson Hybrid SEL yesterday, with 25 miles on it. This morning the HEV warning light came on and when I called the dealer they said to bring it in. They checked it out and aren't sure what the issue is and have to call corporate next week. They wouldn't let me leave with it, saying it could stall out while driving. Has anyone had a similar issue or any insight?

· Registered
1 Posts
Mine had an hev issue pop up as well. Before the warning happened my car would randomly lose power (pedal position had no effect on output) and regain power. When it finally popped up my car would not drive. When placed in to drive it would stop the engine/motor when attempting to drive. No word on the cause or fix yet

· Registered
5 Posts
Anyone get this figured out? My ev motor is suddenly not providing as much torque and the throttle response is going flat until the ICE kicks in. Trying to figure out what might be happening b4 lodging a complaint with the dealership. I also had to replace the transfer case at 700 miles. Seems to be some issues with the Hybrids.

· Registered
58 Posts
I just purchased a 2022 Tucson Hybrid SEL yesterday, with 25 miles on it. This morning the HEV warning light came on and when I called the dealer they said to bring it in. They checked it out and aren't sure what the issue is and have to call corporate next week. They wouldn't let me leave with it, saying it could stall out while driving. Has anyone had a similar issue or any insight?
look at my posts sorry I bought it should have stayed with the Kona I traded in for this nightmare Hybrid all these people buying them lot’s of luck!

· Registered
2 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
I Just Bought my Wife a 2022 Tucson Hybrid. It put a message on the Dash to take it to the Dealer for Service, which it was just in for it's first service a week ago. En route to the Dealer it Died in the middle of the Street. It's has now been there a week, and they don't know what's wrong with it yet. The Dealer just called and said that the Motors might be Locked up !!!

· Registered
22 Posts
any update on this issue? It gives me pause... I reserved a hybrid but have not taken delivery and i can back out....

any input welcome!

· Registered
19 Posts
any update on this issue? It gives me pause... I reserved a hybrid but have not taken delivery and i can back out....

any input welcome!
You know all the issues i have seen with this new generation have been with the hybrid. Also noone gets the EPA highway mpg unless you drive like a grandma in eco. If you are going to use it for highway driving mostly, i would just get the regular gas ICE model.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts