Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my new Tucson Hybrid Ultimate and I was a little disapointed due to the fact that the large display (10.25) screen is apparently not compatible with the wireless Android auto/Apple car.

This is very disapointing and I hope that there will be updates available in a near future to fix this issue.

Otherwise, the car is just awesome. here is some picture of my deep sea blue Tucson Hybrid Ultimate.

Registered
2022 Tucson Ultimate Hybrid
^ @JohnExile - Congratulations on taking delivery of your new Tucson Ultimate Hybrid - it looks great! 馃憤
I'm sure that when Hyundai develop wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay for the 10.25" screen on the 2022+ Tucson, it will be available by way of a software update on vehicles already built.
As info.. I've reserved an Amazon Grey Tucson Ultimate Hybrid that's expected to arrive at the dealer around June 3rd. 馃榾
Cheers Richard

Registered
I just got my new Tucson Hybrid Ultimate and I was a little disapointed due to the fact that the large display (10.25) screen is apparently not compatible with the wireless Android auto/Apple car.

This is very disapointing and I hope that there will be updates available in a near future to fix this issue.

Otherwise, the car is just awesome. here is some picture of my deep sea blue Tucson Hybrid Ultimate.

View attachment 138 View attachment 139
Congrats, i got mine last march in sillky bronze

Registered
^ @JohnExile - Congratulations on taking delivery of your new Tucson Ultimate Hybrid - it looks great! 馃憤
I'm sure that when Hyundai develop wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay for the 10.25" screen on the 2022+ Tucson, it will be available by way of a software update on vehicles already built.
As info.. I've reserved an Amazon Grey Tucson Ultimate Hybrid that's expected to arrive at the dealer around June 3rd. 馃榾
Cheers Richard
Actually they already have wireless. They just don't have it on the Ultimate (Limited here in the U.S.) because it would interfere with the included navigation system. You can still get all the audio functions (music, Audiobooks, etc.) wirelessly with Bluetooth audio. Works great on my new Limited (White with grey interior) down here in Arizona.

Registered
2022 Tucson Ultimate Hybrid
^ Hyundai may provide wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay (for vehicles equipped with the 10.25 inch Infotainment screen) at a later time. If so, the feature will likely be "retrofittable" on vehicles already built by way of a software update.
- Richard

Registered
New to board and popping in to see if anyone has heard any updates. This was my only real disappointment after two and half months with our new Tucson. I thought I did my research beforehand when I saw that the midlevel trim had wireless Android Auto/Apple Carplay. "If the midlevel has it, then the highest trim must have it too." What do they say about making assumptions? I think it's: "I'm a dumbass." Anyway, hoping wireless gets added through an update...but I haven't seen any reports.

Registered
Many reports that wireless connectivity between Iphone and the infotainment system is very buggy. Frequent disconnects that require rebooting the phone or turning off the Tucson and restarting(or both).

Registered
Many reports that wireless connectivity between Iphone and the infotainment system is very buggy. Frequent disconnects that require rebooting the phone or turning off the Tucson and restarting(or both).
That's good to hear, I guess? Sounds like I'd be doing wired regardless.

Hopefully the 10.25" screens will be getting updates down the road, and they won't be so buggy. Wired it is for now... or a dongle. Don't think I'm going to do the dongle though. They all appear to be about $60 to $100, and they're really big/clunky. Short USB-C cable is smaller, cheaper, and likely a better connection.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts