Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Results of trip Tampa to Connecticut, then to Cleveland, Chicago, follow mostly route 66 to Grand Canyon - Sedona, Scottsdale, Tucson, Tombstone AZ, Follow I10 to El Paso, San Antonio TX, and to Tampa.
I was with a group for part of the trip several people commented on the Amazon Grey color how they like it. Loved the interior and overall look. Some were surprised it was a Hyundai,.

Combination of this car and the tires is terrific when rain ponding on roads, slices through it.
Still the best Air Conditioning I have had even in 115 heat or high humidity.
No problems in high altitudes, climbing continuously towards Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Grand Canyon.
Very comfortable ride, seats. Quiet overall a little noisy on some roads. Wind noise was at a minimum at high speeds especially for a non luxury car.

I appreciate the Bose Stereo more. At higher volumes, with the sound set a little behind the front seats (just below the circle) it was surround sounding and you can hear notes, sounds come alive more. It's not as "rich" or full sounding as some car stereos but it sounded good.
No problems at anytime with Android Auto Wireless, or when I used the plug instead.
Enough room for our luggage etc to be in the back under the pull cover out of sight.

Car appears to have used no oil looking closely at the stick several times. Temperature gauge never went past where it it always is even climbing to several thousand feet in high heat.

I used 87 octane, when only 86 was available I used 88. (86 would likely be ok at high altitude)

199 gals of gas, 6500 miles (Both slightly rounded) gives me approx 32.5 mpg. Considering the speeds for a chunk of the trip. and the climbing for long periods to high altitudes I'm happy with that.

Most of the time I was traveling 75 to 85 all the way from AZ to Florida.
Connecticut to AZ was a mix of 60 to 65, to 70, and much less on local roads when sightseeing of course, going to museums, Rt66 stops, etc etc.
To Connecticut from Florida was 70 or less and the usual traffic past Virginia to Ct.

The Smart cruise control is a total game changer for traveling. Far less fatigue not needing to make changes all the time, generally set it and forget it for the highway or local roads. I have had red gauges for most of my cars, I like it at night glad the Tucson has that option, I use the blue gauges usually during the day.

Car Automotive tail & brake light Land vehicle Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

· Registered
2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid SEL Convenience (wife's daily)
52 Posts
Nice write up! I will never buy a new car without smart cruise control again. We travel every other weekend to our lake house 4 hours away, and it's so good for congested traffic as we leave DC. I really wish my 2020 RAM had it.

· Registered
Montreal, QC
413 Posts
@Tampa8, so 75 to 85 mph, well my friend, I suggest you check your mail, There will a couple of pictures of your Tucson, license plate well clear, and an invitation to contribute some $$ to your gov't
In other words TRAFFIC TICKETS. :devilish::eek:😩🚔
HOW WAS THE RIDE AGAIN. lol
I should head South to Florida(ft. Lauderdale) before Black Friday. I need a LED TV, so don't want to miss the specials.

· Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Tampa8, so 75 to 85 mph, well my friend, I suggest you check your mail, There will a couple of pictures of your Tucson, license plate well clear, and an invitation to contribute some $$ to your gov't
In other words TRAFFIC TICKETS. :devilish::eek:😩🚔
HOW WAS THE RIDE AGAIN. lol
I should head South to Florida(ft. Lauderdale) before Black Friday. I need a LED TV, so don't want to miss the specials.
Mph was 80 and cars passing me! (80 could have been other States don't remember)

· Registered
Montreal, QC
413 Posts
Mph was 80 and cars passing me! (80 could have been other States don't remember)
This spring while coming back home, while crossing a long bridge in PA I-81, speed limit was 55mph, I was doing 75mph following traffic, then I see a state tropper pulling me over, He asked for my papers asked me what I was doing in this area, I said I was going HOME(Quebec) and I kindly asked him the purpose and he said I was doing 77 on a 55 mph limit, I told him I was following traffic and I was not ZIGZAGGING. He came back couple minutes later and said You set to go, I said everything OK, he yes, and I left.
I was doing 80 to 90 MPH on I95 and Vans doing 80mph and believe me, either you follow traffic or they push you over.

· Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This spring while coming back home, while crossing a long bridge in PA I-81, speed limit was 55mph, I was doing 75mph following traffic, then I see a state tropper pulling me over, He asked for my papers asked me what I was doing in this area, I said I was going HOME(Quebec) and I kindly asked him the purpose and he said I was doing 77 on a 55 mph limit, I told him I was following traffic and I was not ZIGZAGGING. He came back couple minutes later and said You set to go, I said everything OK, he yes, and I left.
I was doing 80 to 90 MPH on I95 and Vans doing 80mph and believe me, either you follow traffic or they push you over.
You were stopped because you are one of those dangerous Canadiens always causing problems. 😁

1 - 6 of 6 Posts