Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
After a long exhausting search I've found a Tuscon HEV ultimate and am ready to take delivery later this week.

I asked the sales manager at my Toronto area dealer to send me the bill of sale digitally so I can review at home before I come in to pickup the car.
2 issues I am hoping you guys could some light on.

1. On the bill of sale the in-service date is missing. The dealer assured me the car has not been registered or used as demo. However there is about 125kms on it. He also showed me the Carfax showing no registrations. I followed up with the finance manager who said the in service date will be same as the day I pick up the car - will confirm it's there before I sign the document. Is this normal? I'm ok with the amount of kms on it. Pretty sure they've driven it around.

2. On the second page of the bill of sale there is a provision that says the car is being sold as-is. (Not filled in) I've bought new cars before and I never seen that (although not a Hyndai). Is this just normal documentation? Screenshots are attached.

I don't trust the dealer on anything they would say. I appriciate the community's feedback on this, thank you
Moocow

Attachments

·
Registered
Ultimate hybrid, Amazon Grey
159 Posts
Hamilton Ontario here. My forms look slightly different than yours, especially the second page. On my original order it reads maximum km 90. On the final on day of pick up it reads 10. There were actually 12 as they took it out to fill the gas tank. I did notice today though that they put 2021 as that is when I ordered, but delivery was 2022 and they forgot to change it. The delivery inspection report is dated 2022. On mine they omitted a date under warranty start date, unless that was intended only if I bought extended warranty, which I did not. Not sure I would worry too much about any of this.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson SEL FWD Amazon Grey Convenience/Premium/Cargo Pkgs
643 Posts
I'd say #1 is no real concern. If the car just arrived at the dealer that would be a little high for mileage, not if it has been there awhile.
#2 may be poor wording but I see your concern. Above it is the statement this car is not subject to arbitration. Below that it states car is being sold as is.
I think that should say IF car is being sold as is.

When you go in make sure to see the paperwork on the new car warranty you are getting, I assume you have to sign that you understand it if anything like the U.S.

And trust your instincts do not simply trust the dealer, verify everything.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the replies
I'm just nervous about my first Hyndai purchase and I trust the dealer as far as I can throw them.

I'll be picking it up tomorrow will provide an update on how it goes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all just wanted to provide an update.
Picked up my car today, so far I'm liking it. Big improvement in space from my Mazda 3 hatch.

The dealer tried to sell me extended 6 year warranty for $2300 cad for the premium package. I declined and am going to look into getting it from Hyndai directly or risk it with the factory warranty.

Updates
1. In service date was blank in the final sale document. Dealer assured me the delivery date (dated jul18) is when my warranty would start. I hope that's true.
2. The as-is section was not part of the final document so not an issue.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts