Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
2022 Ultimate Edition Tucson Amazon Grey
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I trying to figure out which Tuxmat trunk liner will fit a Hybrid Tucson Ulitimate (I think that’s limited in the US trims). There is liner for vehicles with a subwoofer and one without. I’m assuming the Ultimate has a subwoofer?

· Registered
2022 Tucson Ultimate Hybrid White/Grey
208 Posts
Correct. The Ultimate has the subwoofer and I believe the Luxury hybrid has one as well. Unfortunately, Tuxmat doesn’t have the cargo cover available for the hybrid with subwoofer yet.

· Registered
310 Posts
And from at least the semi-confusing and changing online details, it's hard to determine whether a trunk mat for the gasser has been available but just OOS, or has not even been offered yet. And, or, whether the above applies to you's, us'ens in the U.S., or both or neither.

After all that, and ending up VERY pleased with the TuxMat front n rear floor mats, I opted for the SmartLiner cargo mat. And can't be happier.

· Registered
2022 Ultimate Edition Tucson Amazon Grey
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So has anyone tried the Weathertech cargo liner on the Ultimate or Luxury trim levels? I noticed that their website says that a designated trim is required if you have the Bose sound system. I have always used WeatherTech mats but want to try Tuxmat this time as I find the weathertech don’t clean up well. But without a cargo liner available I’d be willing to try the weathertech ones.

· Registered
208 Posts
Thanks, I was waiting for the email from Tuxmat to order them.
My cargo area is already getting beat up from strollers and things only after a month of use. Definitely need the mats.
Yeah, I didn’t get an email either. I was just checking the site but I suspect they may have limited quantities.

· Registered
310 Posts
Hyundai's option I understand to be two-sided, vinyl and carpeted = a plus for some. Outside of the relatively high price v. aftermarket, my understanding is also it has no border lip to contain the slop, and it is substantially thinner and not as robust as other plastic/vinyl options. And just from memory, as it is reversible the sides are ?straight and leave the rear pockets bare = not really a custom fitting look otherall. And I'm not so much in the camp of having scads of added logo-es abounding aside from all there are already in the vehicle.

· Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid Ultimate
55 Posts
I received my Tuxmat cargo cover this morning. The quality is the same as the front mats and it fits perfectly in my HEV.
Hey could you upload a pic? I have Tuxmats for the front and rear but need a cargo mat.

I use the trunk floor in the lower position most of the time so I'm not sure the Tuxmat cargo mat is the best option for me.

Just curious on the fit, I assume it can only be used with the floor in the higher position?

· Registered
208 Posts
You would need to pop off the two side cover pieces but I think it will fit. I currently have mobility issues due to a leg cast but I will try and post a photo later.

· Registered
310 Posts
With the tray in its lowered position the side rails become interference point for the edge of most any custom fit mat. Plus, the rear side storage wings are no longer in plane with the mat and it will either lay very poorly or those have to be cut off:
Automotive exterior Gas Automotive tire Road surface Flooring

Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Rim Automotive exterior

Vehicle Car Automotive tire Personal luxury car Rim

This is using my SmartLiner rear mat, though it will apply to any custom fit mat, even more pronounced with most aftermarket having a protective lip for spills. Just from vague memory I have read on here that the Hyundai brand mat is both thin enough that I imagine it can slip under the side rails to be used in the lowered position, and it is straight along its entire sides without added covering for the side storage pouches. Which is a semi-solution for the sloppy rear corners issue.

· Registered
208 Posts
The side wings snap off and are removable so no need for cutting lol. And you are correct that the Hyundai 2-sided cover will work in either position as it was designed to do.

· Registered
310 Posts
Veddy Interrres-stink! The TuxMat online illustrations for both the Bose and non-Bose do not indicate any seam or detail leading to them being removable. But, then again it does say the illustrations might not reflect the actual product. And it makes a little more sense with your observation about, "You would need to pop off the two side cover pieces...."

Tire Product Automotive tire Rectangle Wood

· Registered
208 Posts
I’m talking about the two plastic pieces in the cargo area pop off not the Tuxmat cover. When you lower the deck, you can remove these plastic trim pieces so the Tuxmat will lay flat.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts