Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2022Tucson "Blue" Titanium White/ Black
453 Posts
There is no apparent reason for that piece to be there. The interior panel has a bump behind the logo but for what? It looks like they designed the hatch to have the wiper attached at that location and changed their minds, then used the logo to cover up their mistake. Too bad it's like that because there is room for a 2 inch longer wiper if the logo wasn't there. I might try a longer wiper anyway. By the way, I have about 4500 miles on my white Tuscon "Blue" including a 2800 mile road trip, 80%highway miles. I am getting 37.5 mpg so far.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson PHEV Limited Black/Black
32 Posts
I am a fan of the nice clean look when they relocated the wiper to the top tucked into the rear window spoiler. I don't hate the fact that there's a badge on the rear, per se, and do like that it's under glass so that it's easier to clean around, but yes, I do wish that they'd just put it somewhere else and given us just that little bit more of window view with a nice straight window line along the bottom

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Ultimate Hybrid White/Grey
190 Posts
Well, at least Ford has a much uglier one. I never had an issue with the Hyundai emblem and I like the way mine looks at the back covered with taillight tint.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson PHEV Limited Black/Black
32 Posts
They could at least have given us a fully sweeping wiper. It has the smallest wiping area I've ever seen.
Agreed. To your earlier point I wonder if you can successfully install a longer blade or if it would get hung up on the area where the emblem is embedded. I know the emblem is embedded then covered, but is that area relatively flush or raised up a bit? If flush it should be feasible - or is the recess it goes into up in the spoiler too form fitting as well? Guess I'll figure more of that out in a few weeks.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts