Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid SEL Convenience
96 Posts
Warm, no. So hot that phone is overheating & shutting down apps, yes. Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus in minimal case that's thin enough to charge on multiple other Qi chargers I own & use daily. Never had this issue before. Renders the car xharging pad unuseable.

·
Registered
Limited PHEV, Quartz White with grey interior
254 Posts
Same here. Galaxy S21. I ended up disabling wireless charging.

I kind of finesse the issue. I'm using wireless Android Auto (with a Carsifi dongle in my PHEV Limited). Most of my trips are short trips around town, and I just leave the phone in the (Dad) belt holster. There is fairly little battery drain on these short trips. For longer trips I have a 6" USB cable that I plug into the right charging port. It has a 90-degree USB-C connector, so things lay fairly neatly in the cubby.

·
Registered
'22 SEL +Convenience +Premium in Intense Blue
136 Posts
Wireless Android Auto my pixel 5 and pixel 6 get very warm on long trips, my 5 would actually start skipping audio and lose data after a while. My Pixel 6 does better, but still gets hot and eventually starts losing more charge than it gets.

There really should be some airflow down in that charger area, and it always seems warm like the electronics behind it warm the cubby.

Honestly wireless AA on its own makes my phone hot though, even on a wired charger.

·
Registered
Limited PHEV, Quartz White with grey interior
254 Posts
I’m using iPhone XS, so far no issues. I like when I turn off the Tucson, the screen reminds you that you phone is in the charger 😀!
Interesting............Can any other iPhone folks report their experience with CarPlay, streaming and navigation? Maybe this is just an issue with Android, Android Auto and Google Maps.

·
Registered
'22 SEL +Convenience +Premium in Intense Blue
136 Posts
What the Captain said, do you see the little yellow light turn on above the phone when you put it on the charging pad? If not make sure it's enabled. I assume the iPhones work on other chargers?

·
Registered
Hybrid Limited
146 Posts
We picked up our Tucsons yesterday and neither wireless charger seems to be working on our iPhones.
Sorry to ask, but any chance that you are not using charging pad and mistakenly put your phone onto horizontal pad below USB ports, but this is not the charging pad. Charging pad is the one, which is angled - completely opposite to the USB ports panel.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Hybrid Limited USA Market, Amazon Grey/Black With full OEM compact Spare
155 Posts
I don't have any issue on my limited with a Samsung S8 active.

Doesn't get hot with a case on.

It's a pretty high amp Qi charger.

15W max is considered fast charging but with the cooling fan it seems to work without issue for me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts