Hyundai Tucson Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Limited PHEV Amazon Gray / Black. 2022 Tucson SEL PHEV Shimmering Silver / Gray
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I highly recommend this pad from Amazon. For $19.99 USD. Super easy to install and you still have Android Auto wirelessly for Google maps on your display. This is a fast charger. Only thing I am not sure of is if you have to unplug it when not in use. If the USB Port is always hot it would drain the battery.
Computer keyboard Netbook Input device Output device Personal computer

·
Registered
Limited PHEV, Quartz White with grey interior
135 Posts
You might check and see if this device would block or limit current flow to the pad when the phone is not on the pad. (I couldn't find anything explicit on the web site, but the developer is very responsive to questions.) In any event, it helps a phone's battery last much longer.

·
Registered
2022 Tucson Limited PHEV Amazon Gray / Black. 2022 Tucson SEL PHEV Shimmering Silver / Gray
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You might check and see if this device would block or limit current flow to the pad when the phone is not on the pad. (I couldn't find anything explicit on the web site, but the developer is very responsive to questions.) In any event, it helps a phone's battery last much longer.

Thanks but I just replaced my battery on my Samsung S9+ after 3 years of user and in another 3 years I will have a new phone. The amount of battery drainage was not all that bad. I just wanted a new connector for the bottom as I keep ruining them. In the car it will charging only when driving not all night. I was concerned about car battery drainage as the PHEV's have battery issues that warrant careful uses of idle car usage. Using accessory while the car is not running would be that concern or the use of USB's. I am testing my USB Port now as I was told it times out but does come active when opening the door.

·
Registered
2022 Hyundai Tucson Limited
11 Posts
I highly recommend this pad from Amazon. For $19.99 USD. Super easy to install and you still have Android Auto wirelessly for Google maps on your display. This is a fast charger. Only thing I am not sure of is if you have to unplug it when not in use. If the USB Port is always hot it would drain the battery. View attachment 594
This is obviously a stock picture, but,.....has anyone had any issues using the charging pad on a cell with a cover? I can't get mine to charge. Read the instructions,.....said it may be an issue, but,.....would think, since that's the norm, for most people, that they would have compensated for that!

·
Registered
Hybrid Limited
92 Posts
This is obviously a stock picture, but,.....has anyone had any issues using the charging pad on a cell with a cover? I can't get mine to charge. Read the instructions,.....said it may be an issue, but,.....would think, since that's the norm, for most people, that they would have compensated for that!
You should not have issue with charging cellphone even it is in the case (cover). Unless, cellphone case has some kind of metallic mesh within or, you use your cellphone with magnetic holder and as such, most likely, you may have thin metal piece in cellphone case(cover) and that definitely would prevent from wireless charging.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Maybe a silly question, but have you tried using it in the process to make a digital key with Hyundai Digital Key app for Android ? I'm already assuming it is "one-way" only; for charging but not communication and won't work

·
Registered
Hybrid Limited
92 Posts
Does anyone know the wattage of the factory wireless phone charger ?
Wireless charging is based on Qi - the global standard for charging mobile phones wirelessly. There are multiple revisions of this standard already ( with a different power options upcoming "in the pipe"), but currently Qi chargers deliver 5-15 W to mobile devices. So, at this time any factory ( Apple, Samsung, etc.) wireless phone charger would be in range of 15W.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts